When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm Outta Here (paris, France)

ryyannon

Here's one from left field, but I've just got to share it: I've decided to leave Paris and live 9 months of the year in Bali.... Lived there for a full year back in the days when the natives cooked backpackers and surfers for dinner in a big black pot, and although things have changed considerably since, I'm starting to feel the Call once again.

I had briefly considered Thailand, but quickly realized it was too small a country to be shared between Neil and myself - and anyway, Neil got there first.

Despite bombs exploding in peoples prawn cocktails, Bali is still way cool - I've been corresponding with some permanent expat residents on a forum and everything checks out.

Another year or so to shut down the Paris Ops and then I should be off.

Thank you, my lucky stars! Thank you Life!

Sooooo glad to be outta here....

I'm ready for a GTG as soon as we can decide when, guys.

As for leaving, I'll still be around for a while....

Still trying to figure out what to do with the pigeons.

But in the meantime, let's try to find a moment for a few beers and our new acquisitions..... :)

Still trying to figure out what to do with the pigeons, tho.

Well ry, you can tell 'em you're going to Bali, and its -> that way, and let 'em loose, or give them the "pie" option. :p

Glad to hear that you are moving closer to " Gods own country".. really just across the pond.... will DEFINETLY come over for a Q L D ( quiet little drink) when you get there, and that's a threat and promise all in one. Maybe we can coerce the Scots contingent to join us for a GTG... just next door to him really!

Offshore

@Ryyannon

There I was...planning to stop by Paris to see you before I head down to Tuscany for a little R&R and there you go off to Bali. I thought they made bras in Bali? Who would want to be in a place where women wear bras?

OK...so I will reroute my Tuscany trip to stop off in Bali ;)

Like I've said, at least one more year before I make the move - must make a short trip of a few months to get my bearings again, though.

Bali is closure - in many ways it was the year I spent there long ago that resulted in the many years I've spent here since....I feel the cycle here is ending, and I've never forgotten the magic of Bali.

As for the pigeons, it's not a question of letting them free: they are free. It's just that like Frodo and the Gollum, we've developed this rather special attachment. They're going to miss their Gollum....I'm going to have to set about explaining the situation to them and ask for their understanding and forgiveness....

It's strange, it's afternoon here, and I've just awoken from a series of dreams involving a lovely woman and a land that I know I've been to before in previous dreams....explored and still-unexplored places - and that gracious, lovely woman encountered by surprise.....

Good omens. Time to get dressed and feed the little turkeys...

@offshore, ken, the Scottish and Aussi Mafias, et.al:

Once established, you'll all be welcome for a little Bali GTG and some QLDs: you'll be glad you came and I'll certainly be glad to see you....

As for Jeff, if you're serious about coming through here on your way to Tuscany, I'd love to see you!

Remember folks, the rumors of my disappearance into the sunset of Bali are still a bit exaggerated. You're among the first to know, but there's still some time left before I go!

post-55-1162410137_thumb.jpg

post-55-1162410169_thumb.jpg