When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

simonporsche

It looks like the case back has some serious corrosion, I'd be worried about possible water intrusion. If the price is right you could always send it out to Rolex for a service and have the caseback replaced.

I think thats just the old gasket gunk

You can send it with specific instruction. For instance, I wanted service papers for a watch I knew was gen, but didn't have the paperwork for -- I sent the watch in and sent specific instructions to service the movement only. In your case, you could send it in for service and possible caseback replacement if deemed defective, but not to touch anything else.

It looks like the case back has some serious corrosion, I'd be worried about possible water intrusion. If the price is right you could always send it out to Rolex for a service and have the caseback replaced.

+1 and funky engravings on the CB - corrosion on hands too - i would stay away

• 3 weeks later...

Still on the look out for a reasonably priced triple 666, but looks like I may need to buy on with no box or papers to get within my budget. What's your views on the risk of that? Also here's a link to one I have my eye on. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. If getting a 16660 isn't going to happen then I'm going to look at getting a 16600 instead.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390398224949?redirect=mobile#ht_5100wt_689