When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Sub with Clarks Crystal, 2.7mm Gasket, home made crystal press

cib0rgman

You're going to love it.

And you're also going to notice a slightly shorter crystal height.

Gen crystal is 1.8 and the TW is 2.0 and I noticed a difference the moment I dropped in a gen.

It'll be consistant with a gen 16610 where crystal height is concerned but it'll sit a bit lower than the TW crystal did.

The TW Bezel must be thinnner than TCs, because i have a crystal from tc which he told me that is a 1.8 which is Gen spec and the 2.7mm gasket but the crystal sits too low and the date mag seems to be off a little

Maybe a TW/TC hybrid is in order here...I am thinking of combining the best of both worlds for this rep with all gen parts (maybe a gen 3135 is in order) Sounds like a great recipe is start off with a TC case and use my gen crystal, insert, crown and tube then use TW's bezel assembly and since TC's case takes a gen 3135 that would be a done deal and we would have our selves a super sub no? :lol:

Maybe a TW/TC hybrid is in order here...I am thinking of combining the best of both worlds for this rep with all gen parts (maybe a gen 3135 is in order) Sounds like a great recipe is start off with a TC case and use my gen crystal, insert, crown and tube then use TW's bezel assembly and since TC's case takes a gen 3135 that would be a done deal and we would have our selves a super sub no? :lol:

Well, a gen 3135 sorta takes the cost up too high I think.

But from what I've read and heard (and will see for myself in a couple weeks) the pbdad SL'd dial in the TW is a bit better that the TC dial.

Now, a SA3135 with gen dial/hands along with your other gen goodies may make for an awesome looking Sub.

And maybe drill the spring bar holes in the clasp buckle out to fit a gen clasp spring bar..that is if the TC clasp is as acurrate looking as they seem to be.

(rep clasp buckle holes are much smaller than the gen buckle holes.) :)

I think you will need a 2.5 mm gasket...

The gen insert combined with clark crystal needs 2.5 gasket...Rehaut and crystal height will be better..

The same as the TW...

I do not think is right if a lower it more I can use the TC crystal to do, I have seen the

Gen and they look the same

Thanks Matt much appreciated, I'm still on the hunt for a gen insert but soon as I find one I will send my watch off to have the new gasket and insert fitted as I snapped my last gen insert trying to fit it :(

Yep the gen insert was really hard to get in but I used a nylon die from my press to force the last bit in and now it sits tightly in.

My only problem is the retaining ring, it seems a shame to send it off to Domi for weeks just to get the retaining ring back over the crystal and gasket!

Still waiting for pics of home made efforts.....

Is the retaining ring the ring that holds the crystal and bezel all in place? If so when I tried removing my bezel I popped the whole lot off! I got in a panic and just pressed it all back on with my press and now my date mags out of alignment. Really don't want to try removing it all again incase I damage something. Going to send it to someone to sort out for me and fit insert. :)

alright here it is my DIY press. this has worked for me perfectly 100% of the time with out scratches or dents or anything else. it almost works too perfectly. ive used this on 5513, 1665, and 16610s

some tube hosing i bought from the home depot, you can see the SKU on it in case you want to by this exact piece, a solid plastic disc that was a part of my crystal press set, i put some electrical tape on the area that makes contact for added security of not scratching things, but is probably not necessary.

method- hold case with caseback against the nylon disc and put the retinaing ring on the case enough that it can sit horizontally with out falling off or shifting, place the hose piece over top of the ring it is a near perfect fit ( i may have sanded it down to fit perfectly over the ring i dont remember) get enough tension in the vice to hold all the parts straight horizontally, start cranking the vice slowly, rotate the case by backing up the vice jaws so you can turn the case and then close the vice again so you are evenly working down the ring.

this will work for you :good:

6804803712_33b7a7bc38_z.jpg

6950916963_59e4d6a872_z.jpg

alright here it is my DIY press. this has worked for me perfectly 100% of the time with out scratches or dents or anything else. it almost works too perfectly. ive used this on 5513, 1665, and 16610s

some tube hosing i bought from the home depot, you can see the SKU on it in case you want to by this exact piece, a solid plastic disc that was a part of my crystal press set, i put some electrical tape on the area that makes contact for added security of not scratching things, but is probably not necessary.

method- hold case with caseback against the nylon disc and put the retinaing ring on the case enough that it can sit horizontally with out falling off or shifting, place the hose piece over top of the ring it is a near perfect fit ( i may have sanded it down to fit perfectly over the ring i dont remember) get enough tension in the vice to hold all the parts straight horizontally, start cranking the vice slowly, rotate the case by backing up the vice jaws so you can turn the case and then close the vice again so you are evenly working down the ring.

this will work for you :good:

Nice