When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it Worth the Price?

Bertini4u

Oh I see what the problem is here ... that is a genuine Swiss 7750 movement. You had me wondering for a minute why this watch cost 2x normal price.

The question you have to ask yourself ... is it worth it to you personally to have a genuine Swiss 7750 instead of the asian copy.

This is a full-on pearlage 7750. Not the base movement price you are coming up with.

I never said this piece was worth almost 1000$. I said I read the description and realized why it was multiples of the normal price for this rep watch.

I am about to buy another Tag Carrera and I want to know is this worth the price: http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=5626

For a TAG? No are you crazy ;) ...if its just the movement you still know in your hearth that its a replica..and a replica should be just that.. a truly inexpensive copy of the real deal....however if this is the only watch you desire as you daily beater then it might well be worth it

BTW this is a beautiful looking TAG :air_kiss:

Edited by Gran

Some really nice gens can be purchased for that price or a little more...even nicer ones on the pre owned market. At the end of the day It's still a rep...reguardless of movement.

If having a Swiss movement is worth that kind of money to you...fine...go for It.

But for me the answer would be a resounding....no way Jose. ;)

Mike

• Like 1

Oh don't do it! I have this watch with an asian 7750 and it's still running perfectly. This watch is close to gen but it's not worth almost $1000!! The bezel is not perfect smooth and you can notice it at the outside..

You still have a movement with blue screws and with a bad engraved rotor so it will either not look like to an authentic Tag Heuer movement.

It will also not mean that the watch is doing any better. My asian 7750's are doing great and are all below 10 secs a day. A genuine Swiss + good service can reach <5sec.

If the watch was 100% perfect to gen, you should consider putting a Swiss movement in it.

Edited by d4v1d
  • Like 1

Oh don't do it! I have this watch with an asian 7750 and it's still running perfectly. This watch is close to gen but it's not worth almost $1000!! The bezel is not perfect smooth and you can notice it at the outside..

You still have a movement with blue screws and with a bad engraved rotor so it will either not look like to an authentic Tag Heuer movement.

It will also not mean that the watch is doing any better. My asian 7750's are doing great and are all below 10 secs a day. A genuine Swiss + good service can reach <5sec.

If the watch was 100% perfect to gen, you should consider putting a Swiss movement in it.

What Color are the Gen screws? Also what is a bad engraved rotor mean? The reason I ask is because the markings all look like the Gen to me but then again I am a Noob at this...

Some really nice gens can be purchased for that price or a little more...even nicer ones on the pre owned market. At the end of the day It's still a rep...reguardless of movement.

If having a Swiss movement is worth that kind of money to you...fine...go for It.

But for me the answer would be a resounding....no way Jose. ;)

Mike

The thing is I heard that a Rep with a A7750 case is Larger then a Rep that was built with a swiss 7750 inside it...I just thought that this watch might be a good start for a build but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

The thing is I heard that a Rep with a A7750 case is Larger then a Rep that was built with a swiss 7750 inside it...I just thought that this watch might be a good start for a build but I might be wrong.

I can understand If you are considering a Tag build...but I would not jump Into It right away.

We see a lot of Rolex and panerai builds around here because there popular....but very rarely do we see a Tag build...not that popular Im afraid. The problem is you might at some point In time want to sell your frankin Tag. But will have difficulty getting anywhere near what you most likely will have Invested In it. Used gen Tag Carrera's can be purchased for under $2.000 all day long.

This one below on Ebay will probably go for under $2.000. and thats just one of many examples. Best to purchase a gen for that kind of money Imho.

Panerai Rolex IWC A&P etc can go for many thousands of dollars...so members here dont mind spending good money on builds.

Of course this Is just my opinion...take your time and look around .. Im sure you will make the right decision.

Good luck. :)

PS....this one has no box and dox or extra links. ...so I would stay clear of this one.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35ba14bddd

I can understand If you are considering a Tag build...but I would not jump Into It right away.

We see a lot of Rolex and panerai builds around here because there popular....but very rarely do we see a Tag build...not that popular Im afraid. The problem is you might at some point In time want to sell your frankin Tag. But will have difficulty getting anywhere near what you most likely will have Invested In it. Used gen Tag Carrera's can be purchased for under $2.000 all day long.

This one below on Ebay will probably go for under $2.000. and thats just one of many examples. Best to purchase a gen for that kind of money Imho.

Panerai Rolex IWC A&P etc can go for many thousands of dollars...so members here dont mind spending good money on builds.

Of course this Is just my opinion...take your time and look around .. Im sure you will make the right decision.

Good luck. :)

PS....this one has no box and dox or extra links. ...so I would stay clear of this one.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35ba14bddd

What do you think about just doing something like this: http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_210&products_id=5875 or do you have any recommendations I know you know what you are doing because I see you every where... :1a:

That is a very cool Tag..I see that you have been reading other members reviews. You have been a very busy boy. ;)

Im far from a Tag expert..so the best advice I can give you is "TAKE YOUR TIME" and read reviews and ask questions when you're not sure about something.

I will post a few links for you to read. :)

Mike

http://www.rwg.cc/to...utiful-watch-d/

The Aquaracer 500m chronograph Is one of the best out of the box reps I have seen In a while...worth taking a look at If you like the design.

If I were to purchase a Tag rep It would most likely be this one. But thats just me..we all have different taste...whatever floats your boat..as they say. ;)

http://www.rwg.cc/to...0m-chronograph/