When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Watch Winder Settings Are Really Necessary

I'm trying to decide which watch winder to purchase. I prefer the design of the diplomat from Amazon even though it is more expensive. But it only has 4 settings:

- rotate clockwise for 2 minutes and rest for 6 minutes

- rotate counter-clockwise for 2 minutes and rest for 6 minutes

- rotate clockwise for 2 minutes, rest for 6 minutes then it will rotate counter-clockwise for 2 minutes, rest for 6 minutes

- rotate clockwise for 5 minutes then counter-clockwise for 5 minutes.

But the one from ace timer seems to have an additional setting, which I don't know if is really necessary. Are all of the options below really necessary in a watch winder? Or can I just pick between the two based on my design preferences?

Mode 1: winder rotates 650 Turns Per Day with clockwise and counterclockwise

Mode 2: winder rotates 850 Turns Per Day clockwise and counterclockwise

Mode 3: winder rotates 1000 Turns Per Day clockwise and counterclockwise

Mode 4: winder rotates 1000 Turns Per Day clockwise only

Mode 5: winder rotates 1000 Turns Per Day counterclockwise only

Diplomat from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co...755252&sr=1-321

Acetimer - http://www.acetimer....-5-Storage.html

Thanks

Edited by marblegranite

I have 2 winders at the moment, both of which give me the same settings as the Diplomat and my watches seem fine :inverted:

From what I gather that the A7750 movement only winds in clockwise motion, but both offer this option anyway. I'd go with whichever suits your taste and budget better ;)

i got a coupla dualies from Wolf and was confused how to use 'em so i sent 'em an email, they promptly replied that the 3rd choice (- rotate clockwise for 2 minutes, rest for 6 minutes then it will rotate counter-clockwise for 2 minutes, rest for 6 minutes) would be more than enough to keep any 7750 going

I'd for the Brookstone quad winder instead. Plenty of settings to play with, just about covers any type of movement out there. Had mine for close to 2 years now and it is running like a champ :)

http://www.amazon.co...30793248&sr=1-3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a very nice winder as well. One of the things I really liked about the Diplomat is the ability to lock it and the extra storage for 4 additional watches. The reviews on Amazon are iffy but I'm really hoping its a quality product (one of the reviews is negative, others are okay).

Finally, AceTimer has updated his "fuzzy logic" chipset to accommodate 7750's and other one-way winding watches like many of the 21J's. (mode 4 & 5)

My wife and I both have AceTimers, in the bedroom, a total of 5 motors. They are quite, work, and are going on 3 years old now. They are also user serviceable if you are a geek like me.