When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Hamilton Khaki Base Jump Repica

seymur

Hello everyone! Lately seen on Joshua website new Hamilton Khaki Base Jump Replice. I am liked how chrono button system works and superlume. But problem is that I cant find this model on offical Hamilton website or anywhere about this model there has no chrono version.

Here is the watch:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/ham10001-khaki-base-jump-dlctiru-p-11946.html

The watch was discontinued due to issues with the bezel driven chronograph pushers.

Yes its a shock to see HAMILTON copies....maybe the answer lies in the "discontinued"....so maybe it is sought after for that reason?....anyhow its a BIG watch

No way is this a rep. It's left over parts/cases from the original production of the watch, with a substituted A7750.

If you look at the mechanism of the bezel activated chrono function (there's a tear-down of the Hamilton on WatchUseek), you can see that the tensioning mechanism is way

too complicated for rep factories to tackle for such a modest cost original.

Also, just like the genuine, the small lettering on the dial is lumed as well ("Automatic").

I ordered one. A little over a year ago I purchased a NOS Hamilton 7750 off the 'bay. I think I've found a place to put it.

This model was discontinued over QC issues of the chrono function, and I'm sure the rep will have the same issues.

Should be fun for awhile, though.

No way is this a rep. It's left over parts/cases from the original production of the watch, with a substituted A7750.

If you look at the mechanism of the bezel activated chrono function (there's a tear-down of the Hamilton on WatchUseek), you can see that the tensioning mechanism is way

too complicated for rep factories to tackle for such a modest cost original.

Also, just like the genuine, the small lettering on the dial is lumed as well ("Automatic").

I ordered one. A little over a year ago I purchased a NOS Hamilton 7750 off the 'bay. I think I've found a place to put it.

This model was discontinued over QC issues of the chrono function, and I'm sure the rep will have the same issues.

Should be fun for awhile, though.

Great input...but this watch is just to HUGE?

It's advertised as a 1:1 copy though, surely if it was made using gen parts it would be advertised as such, as this is better?

In Repdom that may not be the case.

Naturally the factory which made these parts never made them. So clearly someone else did a 1:1. Yes?

That's assuming it is made from surplus production.

We shall never know for sure.