When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New shoes for my Bimmer

Tribal

There is indeed a huge replica market for alloys. BBS is the most replicated one. When u look at the bay you find a lot of them. But I think for rims it's dangerous to get them.

+1. Yes, they are all over the Bay. All made in China (of course) and there are quality questions.

You can find reps of just about every factory wheel out there. If you are looking for a German make (in my case Audi), Hartmann is one of the biggest purveyors. Their quality is supposed to be good.

http://hartmannwheels.com/

Edited by tomhorn

The ultimate driving machine. Nice...if only their reliability was ultimate.

:pimp:

I think you've been fed some misinformation! With proper maintenance and care, BMWs can and will be some of the most reliable cars on the road! My 330xi has nearly 200k miles on it already and my E30 track car has over 300k. Granted, I've replaced just about every part on the track car but that's a completely different story... At one point in time I owned a Chevy Silverado, a Honda Accord and several BMWs of varying ages; guess which one's DIDN'T need work all the time??

There is indeed a huge replica market for alloys. BBS is the most replicated one. When u look at the bay you find a lot of them. But I think for rims it's dangerous to get them.

Again, with the misinformation. Wheels are just like watches, there are some scary ones that are bad but they can easily be spotted a mile away with a little self-education. There are many, many replica and homage wheels that are available for a good price with great reliability. I have some on my track car and never thing twice about it!

@Tribal, the car looks great man! Could be a little lower, though... ;-)

Sweeeeeeeet!

Now lower it 3 cm with some new springs. That wil be just perfect for that sporty look without being too 'fast & furious'. Did it on my beemer some years back. It is just enough to remove the space between the wheels and the body.