When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Tudor watches: Tudor Pelagos and Tudor Black Bay

nick1972

I hear the retail is about 4k US for the black bay. I have some "carribean connections" so I am really going to consider this watch!

$4k for a watch with a generic Swiss movement in it. :lol: With $4k, I could buy a used gen Rolex Sub, Explorer or GMT II.

Edited by superlative

I like the pelagos, and the black bay isn't bad, but the black bay looks more like an assortment of spare parts which were assembled, rather than an intentional new design like the advisor, or a revision of an exising design, like the pelagos or the Heritage chrono :)

Red insert is on it's way from HK! ;) The markers look "maxi" so I will be recycling a maxi 14060 dial and a 7924 decal scaled to 28mm to make this...

:tu:

I agree, definitely Maxi markers. Can't wait to see how the project works out :good::drinks:

I do like them. I also agree, the Tudor designers are kicking the Rolex designers ass from an appearance perspective.

Looking at the Pelagos though, something was nagging at me.... Where have I seen that "chapter ring / recessed indicie" before? Hmmm :g:

Chapter ring cut-outs for plots...

86img2413.jpg

post-19479-0-77486700-1331533993.jpg

Even the Red insert on the Black Bay reminds of an "Orient Mako". Similarly on the Rolex side the new Exp II with it's super Maxi style has a Seiko esq feel to it. I swear Rolex/Tudor either has x-Seiko designers on staff or something...

Still, the Pelagos makes the DSSD look like a pile of steaming crap. That should be the base for a new Rolex Sea-Dweller IMHO.

Still, the Pelagos makes the DSSD look like a pile of steaming crap. That should be the base for a new Rolex Sea-Dweller IMHO.

The DSSD manages to do that all on its own without any help :whistling: Jokes aside, totally agree about using it as an SD base, and the Seiko styling, I thought that when I first saw it as well :)

• 5 months later...