When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel washer for a 1680

klocklind1

I just got a brand new MBW 1680 from a member and it is not fitted with a "bezel Flat Friction Washer" that I thought should be under the bezel !!!??

My MBW 1680 case does NOT have this "bezel Flat Friction Washer" but it feels OK to turn the bezel !

Is a washer normally fitted on the MBW 1680 case and is it needed?

And if so, can it fit under the bezel if it has not been fitted with one from the beginning?

You are right :g:

Perhaps it is not nessecery if it turens easy as well, but I was thinking it will turen a little bit more easy if I I ad one. THAT IF there is space for it :g: ?

the point of the washer is to occupy space and add resistance to the bezel, you dont want a bezel that can turn with out you first pushing down on it and turning. its a safety feature for divers.

you should bend the washer slightly so it doesnt sit flat, then it will push against the compression ring and the bezel ring when installed and you wont be able to turn it easily (which is a good thing) with out first pushing down on the bezel ring compressing the bend and allowing for space to turn the ring. releasing the bezel ring will allow the friction washer to release the energy and apply resistance against the two pieces locking it in place and it should be harder to turn by accident when diving. its called a "friction" washer or "tension spring" for a reason, and even in the rolex owners literature they make reference on using it in this exact manner.

the rolex "auto lock" revolving bezel

DSCN1141.jpg

543-2174-thickbox.jpg

Thanks a lot for that info highoeyazmuhudee :)

My bezel IS easy to turn when I press it down and not so easy to turn when I do not press it down :g:

But I think I will order one of those washers from Clarks as they do not cost more than 6 $ ;)

you definitely should. it also acts as a point of wear instead of rotating on the bare mid case metal