When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is a 16800 bezel ring the same as 16610(with pictures)

the_rymeister

Hi all I'm just wondering if anyone would know if a gen 16800 bezel ring is the same as a gen 16610 bezel ring. ( referring to the part which the insert fits into )

As I have been offered one?

If i was to fit it on my tc submariner would I need a gen retainer for the bezel and would a 16610 pointy 4 insert fit it?

I tryed searching Internet and found a few references and am I correct in thinking the insert on the 16610 is bigger than a 16800?

Any info would be great.

Cheers in advance all :)

Ry

Yes it will but as pointed out, the 16800 teeth are shallower then a 16610. If you can live with that it will work. They both use the same insert.

If you decide not to purchase the bezel if you could let me know I'd appreciate it as I'm in need of a replacement for my 16800.

Thanks

Gav

I bought a Gen 16800 bezel ring but later decide not to use it because

1. Teeth are not as sharp and defined ( after it was polished and repolished)

2. Bezel bay was slightly wider and I'll need to glue a Gen insert in , if not it'll be so loose that I can literately 'pour' the insert out.

3. After polished , the 'lip' of bezel became very thin and it's not to my liking .

Above was just my experience and it should. It be taken as reference on all 16800 bezel rings in the market ..

Cheers

Glenn