When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Today! Received a 380 from Trusty that is....awesome.

hambone

I think perhaps I am one of the first to receive the new Pam 380 Radiomir rep made by the H factory. I could not be more pleased.

Last month I tried on the gen at the Bellagio AD here in Vegas and really loved it. I knew this one was in the works and when I got it a few hours ago, there is no denying that this is a rep to beat all reps. I cannot tell the difference. The strap Andrew sent is first class, however, I prefer a lighter color, and put my Strap Culture 27/26 on it. It has a nice patina. The strap change is a little tricky as the screws are small, but that is minor. The Radiomir is a historic classic, and I have been waiting for one that really grabbed me. The 380 is the Rad that any pam collector should have. The font is spot on, the logo is a great touch, with the classic painted dial. that jumps out at you. Especially when daylight hits it. The Lume glows like a torch, and lasts for as long as the Gen does. I tried the gen and the lume on this rep is identical. Having been on RWG for 6 plus years, now, I always like to share a good thing when I find it. This new 380 is a good thing. Here are a few pics from just now. I'm not the best photographer. ;)

post-3251-0-70317100-1331688908.jpgpost-3251-0-56550900-1331688947.jpg

post-3251-0-90181500-1331689149.jpg

post-3251-0-18950100-1331689406.jpg

]post-3251-0-61813700-1331689032.jpg

Looks super nice!!

I wonder how good the crown and stem threads are these days in BS models. In the old days when the first Black Seal came out which was around 2005, the threads were made out of very soft metal so they would wear out completely after a couple of years of use. I still have one with dead crown and nice Swiss movement that's stored away just in case I need the movement one day. In comparison the threads in my 2006 IWC Ingenieur rep still have many years to go.

So hopefully this new BS is made way better.

Looks super nice!!

I wonder how good the crown and stem threads are these days in BS models. In the old days when the first Black Seal came out which was around 2005, the threads were made out of very soft metal so they would wear out completely after a couple of years of use. I still have one with dead crown and nice Swiss movement that's stored away just in case I need the movement one day. In comparison the threads in my 2006 IWC Ingenieur rep still have many years to go.

So hopefully this new BS is made way better.

My first Pam was the 232 in 2006. The steel used those 6 years ago seemed softer than the new ones. My old 232 still works fine, but the quality of the stainless steel on the 380 seems to be a much higher grade. The smoothness of the winding and unscrewing of the crown is significantly improved. Perhaps

the factories that make these watches have not responded as quickly to consumer requests as we would like, but in 5 years the quality overall has vastly improved.

Also, it seems to depend on which of the many factories are producing them. The "H" and "Noob" factories in particular have done well to make a better product.

That sounds really good. I have also noticed with my new 390 that the quality is really good these days.

Black Seals are super nice and yours looks really, really good. Looks like it's safe to get it then.

My first Pam was the 232 in 2006. The steel used those 6 years ago seemed softer than the new ones. My old 232 still works fine, but the quality of the stainless steel on the 380 seems to be a much higher grade. The smoothness of the winding and unscrewing of the crown is significantly improved. Perhaps

the factories that make these watches have not responded as quickly to consumer requests as we would like, but in 5 years the quality overall has vastly improved.

Also, it seems to depend on which of the many factories are producing them. The "H" and "Noob" factories in particular have done well to make a better product.

Lala, The crown works very well and has a smooth winding abd threading action.

Damn i thought i had only 1 watch left on my shoppinglist. Once owned a very good 183 rep and i loved it. The 45mm case is great and the cushion shaped case. OK added to the list.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thank you Gentlemen for the good words. I am sincerely enjoying this watch, and must look like a dork staring at my wrist all the time ! :inverted:

DSCN0085.jpg

Wow- that's nice congrats! I should have waited; just bought this gen a few months ago. I could have saved myself about $3800- ouch.

The main difference seems to be the crystal and AR, better on the gen, but still these H factory PAMs are nice. My 005 is super.

Edited by Noel Fleischer

Wow Noel, Dont kick yourself for buying the gen. It will only go up in value. Beautiful watch there my friend, congrats!

@ Wolf, great pic of yours also. When did you get it? It's amazing how the difference between the rep and the gen are hard to tell apart.

my watchsmith said that if he did not know I was a rep collector, he would have assumed it was a gen. He wanted to buy it.

I've ordered one. I only wear radiomirs, it's my kind of watch. When it comes in it will get a gen strap (brown). I think I will get gen lugs. You can see the difference between them in the corners.

5 years ago I got my first radiomir 183, and it still runs superb. Actually I wear this watch the most. Then I bought a gen 288 for my wedding. And I have a 292 rep, so this 380 is more then welcome.

post-32745-13329120283.jpg

post-32745-13329120408.jpg

I've ordered one. I only wear radiomirs, it's my kind of watch. When it comes in it will get a gen strap (brown). I think I will get gen lugs. You can see the difference between them in the corners.

5 years ago I got my first radiomir 183, and it still runs superb. Actually I wear this watch the most. Then I bought a gen 288 for my wedding. And I have a 292 rep, so this 380 is more then welcome.

Looks sweet!

WShen you get your gen corners, can you post photos that show the difference? I've never seen the corners cause they seem to be covered by the strap.

Thanks.

Mine just came from andrew and fairly disappointed as the outline of the markers were showing at 12 and 3 especially. It wasnt very visible during the qc pics. Anway need to live with it unless i'd be able to have it relumed.

It is my first rep and too bad. Very accurate in all other aspects though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk