When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone heard of this dealer?

Anyone heard of these guys before?

http://www.watchll.com/

Seem to sell reps with Jap quartz but surprisingly very very cheap (havent seen anything above $100 yet)

Yes the names look dodgy ("QMEGA" lol), what are your thoughts on this site? Reckon worth a try?

Or there a ton of these sites that sell you very low quality watches that die after a few weeks?

Over the past few weeks I see an inflation of posts about some esoteric / suspicious sites. Why is that?

Two reasons ... Newbs genuinely come in here and ask about a site they have been looking at, not knowing if it is legit.

The other reason is this is how scammers trick people into visiting their web store.

You can sometimes tell who is who.

Over the past few weeks I see an inflation of posts about some esoteric / suspicious sites. Why is that?

they want to steal our money maybe? :protest: or think we are gullible :g:

To be honest the TD section might not be that easy to find since the section is called:

Watches, Clothing & Accessories

It would be easer if it maybe was named "Trusted Dealers" or something. That might help the new members.

But yes, stick with the TD`s, its a no brainer.

I have to agree. When I first came here looking for a list of trusted dealers, it took me some time. It's not in an intuitive location. And a forum search for "Trusted Dealers" only results in a bunch of posts of people telling people to use trusted dealers.

It seems obvious to me now that I know where the section is, but as a newb it took some time for me to find it. If it was titled "TRUSTED DEALERS" as slask suggests, I think we'd have a lot less questions..

Maybe...

but then you'll always have us newbs asking "who should I buy from?". Then you'll say "just buy from the trusted dealers in our forum". Then the newbs will ask themselves "what trusted dealers? Oh, there must be a 'trusted dealers' list here on the forum somewhere". Then they'll do a search for the phrase "trusted dealers", to which they will find a lot of stuff, but none of it will have to do with an actual list of trusted dealers. Which then forces them to come back to another thread and ask "who should I buy from?", to which some veteran member with 12,000 posts will flame them saying..."hey idiot, go to our 'trusted dealers' section, and stop asking all of us stupid questions". Then the newb will ask himself "WTF, I just came here for a simple answer to a simple question....why can't I find a simple answer?" And the answer is ...HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A SIMPLE ANSWER TO A SIMPLE QUESTION!.

I lived this myself...

The reason this forum is here is to educate people. It's not for the old timers to sit around and stroke themselves about how much they know. It's to help spread the huge amount of knowledge that exists on this forum. Someone who has never posted a single post should be able to come into this forum and ask..." I'm new to this. Where should I look to buy a good replica watch and not get ripped off". And....in my humble opinion....he should get a warm welcome and be greeted with a lot of useful information that will help him find the watch he wants. Like it or not, we were all in that same spot- throwing out what seems to us now to be stupid questions, just trying to get information on buying a good quality replica watch from a reliable dealer who won't screw us over.

I'm still a newb, I know that. But I will continue to write reviews and post links that will help new guys find what they're looking for, because that's what I got when I came here (thanks Mikellem!) and that's the experience I want people to have when they come here.

I just think we could stand to lose a little bit of the 'I'm an expert and you're just a stupid newb' attitude, and start helping out the people just showing up to the forum.

Edited by vandal.tbh

Happens all the time D. That's why we have the Trusted Dealer list

Totally Agreed. But there must be a better way to direct noobs to that information, and let them know how this game is play. There is a " Hey Noob...or not so Noob...Read this Now!" post, but it contains contradictory and outdated information. In that post there is a "RWG RECOMMENDED DEALERS" link, that will take you to The index page (http://www.rwg.cc/index.php), in which the dealers section is, but I didn't scroll down to find it until a few days after I signed up.

Right Under the "RWG RECOMMENDED DEALERS" link, there is a note (another link):

"NOTE: Dealer links can be found in the subsections in the Collectors area or HERE" that link will take you to the following page:

http://www.rwg.cc/index.php?app=links&module=links&section=categories&do=view&cid=3,

check it out guys! What a wasted of time clicking in a lot oft those dealers sites. It calls my attention that "Hont watch" is in that list, but is not on the one in the index page, I wonder why? Hont is a TD in another forum with good buyer reviews. Also in the index page list there is so much info, I personally got confused by the " Reviews of other Dealers" page, and while looking for a leather strap by the "FROGMAN straps" section, that seems to me is not doing any business at the moment. Just my constructive opinion.