When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Rolex Crystal question.

Londongeorge87

Any experts here care to shed any light?

I think a few experts have shed some light. And if you ask me, I'd say it is not the genuine article. For starters, who would remove a perfectly fine crystal from their new watch and put it in some obviously fake packaging? Seriously. Any genuine parts I get are not packaged that way. New are sealed in Rolex packaging, and used are usually in a plain plastic wrapper.

And now you have a few left over???? Really?????

Already explained the packaging has nothing to do with the crystal.

Have sold a couple to some well known members, money back has been offered so we'll see either way fairly soon. If they're not - they'll get their money back, and so will I from my supplier. If they are then it's a win :)

Inspected them myself magnified yesterday and the lec is spot on, and the ar is extremely good. If you drop me a pm I can send a few more pics for your perusal.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crystal came from a brand new gen. Just spoke to my supplier.

If they're not - they'll get their money back, and so will I from my supplier.

You said they came off a "brand new" gen, so it must be gen.

Why would your supplier give you your money back, just because some dudes on the internet tell you it's aftermarket?

They haven't had it in hand, so this makes no sense at all.

Either your supplier is bullshitting you, or you are bullshitting us.

That story sounds fishy to me...

You've clearly not understood or read what I've said.

Again, the situation is this; I've been told they've come from a brand new gen, and therefore are legitimate. And the supplier is so confident he's said he'll give my money back if I'm not completely happy with their authenticity. So far I am. I've had a look and sent some pictures around, and everything points to the fact they are gen. (apart from the crappy packaging they came in - which has been explained)

I'm not 'bullshitting' anyone. Have laid on the line exactly my position. Came on here for some expertise and also to possibly offer them out to people if it would be of any use - as I know they're fairly thin on the ground.

Have come on here for opinions on the crystal itself, with the information available to me. Not to be called a bullshitter.

Thanks for your input though.

I don't know...maybe it's your suppliers and your business practice that makes me wonder.

If he has acces to "brand new gens" and is able himself or through a watchsmith to change the crystal, why would he:

A. Take two perfectly good crystals of a gen in the first place

B. Pack it into unlegit packaging

C. Have a 2nd one in same condition... Were there two gens?

D. Sell the gens to an obviously good price - otherwise you wouldn't have asked for a resell price

E. Not be insulted when you come back and tell him his crystals aren't gen, because some folks on the internet told you so.

Why would you take it back? It came off a "brand new gen"

If you had doubts about it's authenticy you shouldn't have sold it as gen in the first place.

To be honest I'm not good with the modern Rolexes and can't say if its gen or not.

However the whole "came of a brand new gen" sounds too text book to me.

Sorry to speak so frankly, but l've seen a lot of people falling for good afternarket parts with those stories. I'm sure you had best intentions in mind.

If it is in fact genuine, your supplier really needs to get his wax paper in order :lol:

Cheers

Akira

Sent from my Iphone

I don't know...maybe it's your suppliers and your business practice that makes me wonder.

If he has acces to "brand new gens" and is able himself or through a watchsmith to change the crystal, why would he:

A. Take two perfectly good crystals of a gen in the first place

B. Pack it into unlegit packaging

C. Have a 2nd one in same condition... Were there two gens?

D. Sell the gens to an obviously good price - otherwise you wouldn't have asked for a resell price

E. Not be insulted when you come back and tell him his crystals aren't gen, because some folks on the internet told you so.

Why would you take it back? It came off a "brand new gen"

If you had doubts about it's authenticy you shouldn't have sold it as gen in the first place.

To be honest I'm not good with the modern Rolexes and can't say if its gen or not.

However the whole "came of a brand new gen" sounds too text book to me.

Sorry to speak so frankly, but l've seen a lot of people falling for good afternarket parts with those stories. I'm sure you had best intentions in mind.

If it is in fact genuine, your supplier really needs to get his wax paper in order

Cheers

Akira

Sent from my Iphone

I've sold one to a chap that knows his stuff, with an agreement that he will have it inspected and money will be returned if its not.

It's worth exploring this avenue as far as I'm concerned, if this chap can get these crystals gen then it will benefit us all. If he can't then at least I and we can rule him out as a source in the uk.

I understand entirely why you'd have doubts, I'd be the same. It does seem fishy. The next week or so will bring us an answer either way.

It's the photo and my needless editing :) it looks great in the sun - exactly like your gmt there.

Reminds me, spoke to my chap today, he said these crystals will fit the gmt iic and datejust.

He can also source gen Daytona non service crystals with lec at 6 o'clock. And some gen dials.

Edited by Londongeorge87

Does anyone know if these will fit yachmasters?

I know they fit subs 16610, 116610 and the gmt iic.

Just got some more too btw, if anyone is interested. Same gen non service crystals with ar cyclops :)

Oh and I'm pretty sure they fit the explorer ii but not the 42mm one.

I received my crystal today as promised and well packaged and can confirm beyond any shadow of a doubt this is a gen AR 25-295!

Here is a pic in my ceramic knock about watch as I'm waiting for a gen bezel assembly to arrive for my TC franken Sub before fitting it to that watch. Iphone pics but you can clearly see the effect which is even better in the flesh.

007-11.jpg

006-14.jpg