When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai made in china?

Guest abasf

Guest abasf

So i talked to one of my friends, who is well connected in the world... and he has friends who own watch factories in china, and he told me that panerai was at one point made in china...

now i don't know about this being true or false but considering how accurate they can be, what do you guys think?

PANERAI was at one point made in Florence Italy B) they are Italian of origin ....today the SWISS are making the PANERAI so in this sense its a SWISS replica of sorts :inverted:

When the company was taken over and the production was moved to Switzerland, an Italian investor hired up all the workers in Florence who had been making the pre-V's and started Anonimo.

See! Its finaly confirmed that PANERAI is a AAA+ SWISS replica....the SWISS simply liked the name and style and took it form there

a lot of the major watch manufactures make there watches in china /far east using swiss or own branded parts but constructed in factories in china i have been to a few of them over the years

skagen

gucci is made by accurist in their factory

tag

omega

danish design

ab art

obaku

ted baker

sekonda make longines

theres loads even a lot of the new rados are made over there which lead to a influx of brands doing ceramic watches (badly)

Guy's,

I know that the ceramic cases/body's are made in the Netherlands. In a city called Deventer. The raw material (half product) that is and the finishing touch is made by Panerai.

Greets

True! Ive heard the steel is from U.S. steel industry :1a: and that some of the horologist actually designing the Swiss watches are Danish or even Finish ;)