When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is the 372, and what a watch!

hambone

Panerai has released a number of great new watches for 2012. The 372 is quite a dazzler. It will be one of the new ones coming out soon. I am on board to have one of these. The base pams are the best IMO.

post-3251-0-16756400-1332321986.jpg

post-3251-0-38169200-1332322060.jpg

post-3251-0-90814100-1332322181.jpg

post-3251-0-72971800-1332322029.jpg

• Like 1

Similar, but different.

The 372 is 47 mm, exhibition back, Calibre P.3000, sandwich dial, plexiglass. I haven't seen a rep in-house Panerai movement yet.

I agree, a stunning watch.

Take a 390 with its beautiful gold hands which match the numeric markers, enlarge to 47 mm and a 3 day power reserve like a 127. Give it a sandwich dial like a 111, exhibition back with in-house Panerai (P.3000) movement. Fantastic.

I have a 111, 390, and 127. This would be the combination of some of their best features. It would quickly become my favorite.

Must say, 372 is fantastic in pic's, but... In person it left me underwhelmed today.

Had the 390 out and this 372, tried both on, and well walked away with my new 390 today :)

372 just didn't pop like in the pic's, dial seemed so dull, and the strap felt worse than any rep strap i've encountered... Literally like plastic, so stiff..

The real question is whether the 372 becomes iconic like the Fiddy or just another lame "limited" edition.

Great question, of which no one can really tell... From my impression? Of course it will be sought after over time, but, you do know it's not even a limited edition right?

I thought it was, but my buddy at panerai boutique said nope, people were going crazy over them like they were, but it's not an LE/BE like the 390.

I guess different strokes for different folks...

I considered it because of the hybrid case they used, sandwhich dial and domes plexi... Obviously brought me closer to a 127, but then I thought I rather have a 127 fiddy instead.

I can say that the 372 is being researched extensively and the makers are anxious to make the 3000 movement.

They are on top of it. The ones who have not been arrested anyway. :confused:

I can say that the 372 is being researched extensively and the makers are anxious to make the 3000 movement.

They are on top of it. The ones who have not been arrested anyway. :confused:

Good news, cant wait :)

Just wish they made thees awsome models in 44mm. Im not just man enough to get away with a 47mm case..

wohooo 600 posts.. keep em coming :D

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...