When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noticeable defect on my PAM111

vmsdisc

Guys

I notice on my unit where the CG is held in place by 2 screws . One of the screw hole it had a major sratches on the surface which I think cause while the factory try to drill hole .... Is this common on all REP on it only happen on the factory come from ???? Or it my unit tat hv this problem ?

Should be easy enough to unscrew the 2 CG screws and remove the CG for a closer look

I manage to take a closeup pic of the CG and where the defect is . it the area where i circle with marking .. is this a common defect in a Rep or it my with the problem

post-43433-0-59360200-1332942548.jpg

It's any easy fix... easiest of course being when you close the lever you won't see it. But if it really bugs you, cut a strip of 320 grit wet/dry sandpaper just wide enough to fit and brush it down.

Almost every rep you receive will have it's own manufacturing related issues, some immediately obvious as in your case, others manifest later... welcome to the world of reps :)

It's any easy fix... easiest of course being when you close the lever you won't see it. But if it really bugs you, cut a strip of 320 grit wet/dry sandpaper just wide enough to fit and brush it down.

Almost every rep you receive will have it's own manufacturing related issues, some immediately obvious as in your case, others manifest later... welcome to the world of reps :)

Good to know it a common issue with rep ... good news is Andrew frm trusty kind enough to send me with a replacement FOC .... How cool is that for a vendor

That is so true!!!! It's probably even safe to say "every rep" without "almost"... :)

It's not a common defect.

On another note: I-am-too-rich-to-work-fingernail and a rep Panerai. Hehe.

:nono:

I more concern on those " Visible " defect , as that the first sign that give a way it a REP and it a low quality Rep to say ..

That is so true!!!! It's probably even safe to say "every rep" without "almost"... :)

Agreed that Rep is not at par with Gen , as the price u paid for is only 10 % of real value, so what do i expect in quality ..but one eye see, can tell tat yr unit is REP tat is really a turn off

No would see it

I understand you know it is there but someone would have to pull up the lever and look inside to notice, no one is going to do that

If the dealer is sending you a free replacement crown guard you should be all set

Sell that one to me for $20 once you get the new one and you just profited for noticing this flaw

I more concern on those " Visible " defect , as that the first sign that give a way it a REP and it a low quality Rep to say ..

Agreed that Rep is not at par with Gen , as the price u paid for is only 10 % of real value, so what do i expect in quality ..but one eye see, can tell tat yr unit is REP tat is really a turn off

This might help to distract people from checking out your rep.

loldsxol.jpg

well guess what the first person who saw the defect was not me but another friend who was admiring the watch in close :nono:

U mean u want the CG ???

No would see it

I understand you know it is there but someone would have to pull up the lever and look inside to notice, no one is going to do that

If the dealer is sending you a free replacement crown guard you should be all set

Sell that one to me for $20 once you get the new one and you just profited for noticing this flaw