When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Price check

JEKS

I have an opportunity to pick up a Datejust two-tone with dark grey dial and jubillee bracelet. The local jeweler is asking $1200 for this used watch. I love the head, but the jubillee is crappy feeling to me me, tinny and loose so I'd probably replace it with a nice strap. Anyone have an idea if this sounds like a decent deal?

It depends on what year it was made, if it's an older plastic crystal DJ than that price seems pretty fair. If i was in your situation I would probably selling the TT bracelet on the bay or on VRF, which may get you close to a grand depending on the condition.

Just get a service and polish then put it on a proper crocodile or alligator strap and it would make a great everyday wearer; simple and unassuming.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

You've just never had the pleasure of wearing one all day. I don't know why so many people are against jubilee's. They're the most comfortable bracelet to wear out there.

+1

Sounds good to me. Only issue would be has it been serviced recently? If it's a 1601, bear in mind that parts will only get harder to find and Rolex may choose not to service that model, but most watchmakers can still take care of them.

16013's are easier to deal with since movement parts are still avaiable.

Price is very fair- almost wholesale, esp. if the watch is in good shape.

I took this crappy picture at the Jeweler with my cell phone. The picture sucks, but I'm told the DJ is about 7 years old and has had a cleaning, but not full service.

I tapped my fingernail on the crystal and it does in fact seem to be crystal not plastic.

Note the spread on the jubilee. Again, I know nothing about jubilees, but it seems very sloppy to me.

Anyone here able to point out any flaws which may identify this as a gen or rep? If I decide to go with it, I'll of course have them open it to show me the movement. Any other comments?

thank you - J

post-33875-0-50699800-1333239189.jpg