When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Few Railmaster Xxl Pics

chris5264

wonderful pictures!

I just got mine, but i only have a 7 and 1/4 inch wrist, but it seems to fit ok, so if you got around my wrist size or bigger, its a must buy!. Looks real nice on your wrist.

for everyone that is thinking about buying this, and worried about the shorter hands, i'm going to see if i can get a hold of genuine hands and see if i can make them fit, as most of you would have noticed by now, the hour, minute and seconds hand are short.

Will keep you guys posted.

Wear it well!

Hey that is a truly nice watch and the next one on my list. Is the strap shown on the last pic a vintage vertigo strap from BOB? I am owning two of these wonderful 24mm wide and 5mm (!) thick straps and the first thing I will do after receiving my Railmaster is to swap the lousy croc rep strap for that rough vintage piece :wub: . It is a pity that the deployant clasp of the Railmaster will not fit... Anyway, that rough strap makes the watch a truly better face :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by shultz

It's funny the short hands never bothered me until it was pointed out. If anyone finds a source for gen hands let me know, I've checked otto frei but I don't think he has this size. The strap is a toscana. The cool thing about this watch is that it is very pam like, you can do vintage or a croc. I'm picking up a black croc for this one.

What the hell are you guys talking about short hands.....the Railmaster doesn't have 'short' hands...the hands are absolutley 100% correct....( at least on the ones I sell)......here's my GENUINE Railmaster XXL photo taken in October last year when I bought it......and here's a photo of my rep...which I took tonight after reading this post....I tried to get approx the same angle as the original....!

.I don't know what's up with you guys eyes....but you need an upgrade.....there are NO short hands on this rep...!

On another note.....I know that it's a matter of opinion....but in the case of the Railmaster your opinion is of no matter.......NONE of those Panerai straps suit the Railmaster.....it's not a watch that should be wearing that type of strap......it needs croc or alligator.....double stitched preferably.....not something that looks as tho' it was cobbled together from an old docker's belt....JMO....but I'm right...... <_<

GENUINE

144466-15994.jpg

REPLICA

144466-15995.jpg

Edited by TTK

On another note.....I know that it's a matter of opinion....but in the case of the Railmaster your opinion is of no matter.......NONE of those Panerai straps suit the Railmaster.....it's not a watch that should be wearing that type of strap......it needs croc or alligator.....double stitched preferably.....not something that looks as tho' it was cobbled together from an old docker's belt....JMO....but I'm right...... <_<

You tell 'em Neil...

:lol:

TT

Interesting pics TTK,,,I know I've seen gen pics that looked like the min hand went to the end of the markers but it could have just been the way the watch was angled, from your pics the hands look perfect. Also, while I do like the vintage look on this watch, there is something about it that needs a croc strap and I ended up ordering a dark brown one just for this watch.

Here are a few more pics with some unusual company.....

144494-15980.jpg

144494-15981.jpg

144494-15982.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this XXL has a screw down crown as joshes site lists it as

Material : 1 piece forged case construction, solid 316 stainless steel

Back : Display Caseback with detailed engraving on case rim.

Crown : One-piece Pull out crown with o ring

Crystal: Synthetic Crystal front and back

Water-resistant

I am so tempted but would like to know about the crown, i am sure the gen has screw down, Am i right TTK?

The rep,,,and I'm pretty sure the gen do not have screw down crowns. The hand issue is strange. Obviously from TTK's pics the hands are perfect, but if you check the omega home page and the handout they give at the AD, the pics look like the hands are longer, in particular the min hand. Guess its a small issue to get hung up about, perhaps the official pics were of a protoype or something.