When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak

So I recently bought a Royal Oak swiss auto with display caseback and I would say this is 85-90% of the original at 2-5% of the original price. The watch does look and feel like a genuine when compared to my genuine Cartier Tank and Tag Heur Careera. Its quite big for my skinny wrists, but hopefully I will grow into it.

Here are some pics, let me know what you guys think:

• 2 weeks later...

very classy ... ive still not got any ap royal oaks yet ... but could be warming to one .... just the size might be to small my wrist !! great watch my friend

I was in Selfridges a little while ago as well and tried on the new ap chrono in rg ,, nice watch just waiting for the rep ... as i really dont see how the price can justify

when some of the newer ap reps are so good... ill save the bucks and get the rep lol

Wow

I tried turning my bracelet inside out and it changed everything.

The bracelet though look different now. It seems smoother and less flat.

Any idea how to brush it to look flatter?

Also has anyone tried polishing the sides to make it more gen like?

• 2 weeks later...

There have been rumors that a major factory might start working on an updated version. Given that this year is the 40th anniversary of the RO, the 15300st has been replaced with the 15400st, and the 15202st Jumbo has been updated with a brand new, very different dial, I think it's totally worth holding out for a year or so, maybe pick up a cheap 21j version in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been rumors that a major factory might start working on an updated version. Given that this year is the 40th anniversary of the RO, the 15300st has been replaced with the 15400st, and the 15202st Jumbo has been updated with a brand new, very different dial, I think it's totally worth holding out for a year or so, maybe pick up a cheap 21j version in the mean time.

How reliable is this rumour?? I think the current version is very accurate. I often see people saying the gap between the A & P is too large but I think they might be a few variations with the gen.

Gen 1:

: ap66-5.JPG

Gen2:

15300ST.OO.1220ST.01-01.jpg

Rep:

AP-2012-05-16-02_enl.jpg

Rep from normal distance:

AP-2012-05-16-01_enl.jpg

Edited by Craig88