When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Super Avenger

steve92b

Right, a few pics of my Super Avenger. I've had this one a couple of years now and it was my first high-end replica. Steel body (of course) ETA 2824-25J auto movement with working sub-dials (well they used to, but that's another story).

Not a bad copy but flaws can be found.

It's rarely worn now as it's weight can be annoying, a shade under 1/2 pound.

These pics are my first few attempts. I've not had the time yet to cncentrate fully on them.

post-2790-1162636090_thumb.jpg

post-2790-1162636115_thumb.jpg

post-2790-1162636132_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Right, a few pics of my Super Avenger.

Steel body (of course) ETA 2824-25J auto movement with working sub-dials (well they used to, but that's another story).

Hi,

is it really a super avenger? To me it is looking like just an avenger because of the dial. What's the diametre of the case? And what kind of mvt. ia ETA 2824?????

Edited by shultz

Hi,

is it really a super avenger? To me it is looking like just an avenger because of the dial. What's the diametre of the case? And what kind of mvt. ia ETA 2824?????

Hi

You may have a point here. This watch has been lying in a draw unloved for over a year now & I've never seriously investigated it.

I bought it from the CQOut auction site and it was sold as a Super Avenger. I can't see the difference between an Avenger and a Super Avenger just by studying photos but anyway, this case is 44mm in diameter.

The movement was again described as an ETA 2824 and I paid a premium price because of it. Is there a problem with this movement? I'm happy to take in any comments.

Hi

You may have a point here. This watch has been lying in a draw unloved for over a year now & I've never seriously investigated it.

I bought it from the CQOut auction site and it was sold as a Super Avenger. I can't see the difference between an Avenger and a Super Avenger just by studying photos but anyway, this case is 44mm in diameter.

The movement was again described as an ETA 2824 and I paid a premium price because of it. Is there a problem with this movement? I'm happy to take in any comments.

44mm = Chrono Avenger

49mm= Super Avenger

Hi

Wanna sell it???

-Matt

Hi there,

yes, the super AC is 49mm and the mvt. is a 7750. An ETA 2824 is quite strange because it has got no chrono function...

For all who are intersted in a better super AC version please note my thread HERE Maybe we will find more mebers who want to get an improved dial? The dial which is assembled to the 48,6mm rep is more an evo dial then a super AC!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to get the back off this watch some time soon & post some pics of the movement, perhaps somebody will be able to identify it for me.

I bought the watch on the CQout auction site from a seller called "The Watch Store", has anybody else had any dealings with him?

Here is the posted watch description:

"THE MOVEMENT IS THE ETA-2824-25j AUTOMATIC WITH CHRONOGRAPH . THE WATCH IS AN EXACT REPLICA OF THE ORIGINAL WATCH. IT HAS A SOLID STAINLESS STEEL BACK AND IS ENGRAVED WITH THE WORDS 'CHRONOGRAPHE CERTIFIE CHRONOMETRE, MANUFACTURE EN SUISSE ETANCHE 300M'. IT HAS THE REGISTRATION NUMBERS E13360 AND 644082 AND BREITLING 1884 AND THE BREITLING WINGS LOGO RAISED IN THE CENTRE.

THE FACE IS A VERY DISTINCTIVE CLEAN SHARP WHITE AND HAS A PERMANENT SECOND HAND AT 9 O’CLOCK. HOUR MARKERS ARE LUMINOUS COATED AS ARE ALL THREE HANDS. THE CASE IS A SUPERB FINISH HIGHLY POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL AND MEASURES 44MM EXCLUDING THE LUGS AND CROWN AND IS A MASSIVE 16MM DEEP. THE CROWN HAS THE BREITLING LOGO.

THE STRAP IS SUPER QUALITY HEAVY THREE LINK STAINLESS STEEL AND IT HAS A LOCK ON THE DEPLOYMENT CLASP FOR SAFETY. THE DEPLOYMENT FASTENING IS MARKED BREITLING 1884 WITH THE BREITLING WINGS LOGO. ADJUSTMENT TO THE STRAP LENGTH IS MADE BY THE CORRECT THREADED TWIN BOLTS AND NOT PUSH PINS AS ON THE CHEAPER VERSIONS OF THIS WATCH.

WHAT MORE CAN BE SAID ABOUT THIS WATCH. IT IS AN EXTREMELY ACCURATE REPLICA, MANUFACTURED TO THE SAME DIMENSIONS, USING THE SAME COMPONENTS AND WITH A SUPERB MOVEMENT EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL. YOU COULDN’T GET BETTER. THIS WATCH IS AS GOOD AS YOU CAN GET WITHOUT BUYING THE ORIGINAL AND SPENDING THOUSANDS OF POUNDS."

A very convincing description when you're still new to the replica game.