When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

luming

alifizan

I just got my SSD back from PBdad last week and it looks great, the lume was applied perfectly in the indices with no overfill or smudges. It looks great but not as bright as I had hoped it would be. The new superlumed SD is brighter and longer lasting. I think PB applied the lume OVER the existing factory lume, so there's not a lot there to give it that awesome C3 glow. It was my fault for not clarifying to remove the old lume first..... Lesson learned, from now on any watch I get relumed will be done with the old lume being removed first.

I would love to see pictures Paul.

I bought some SL an some other things to start practicing with good lume. I want a tool watch that can glow like a torch in the dark. I think a sterile SSD is what I'll end up for a daily beater.

I'll send you some pics, I hope you catch on to reluming and like doing it. I could keep you very busy! I had a good friend here in town that ordered a bunch of lume compounds and binders from different places. He was going to try reluming his own watches and after several tries and several mixtures he finally got the consistency where it needed to be and lumed 2 watches that turned out OK. Although not good enough for me to hand my watches over to him! It takes a VERY steady hand to lume and I know I could NEVER do it! I have great respect for the modders here that can relume every kind of dial be it applied indices or the older Rolex dials. It would drive me crazy trying to do it!

The Zigmeister can do some amazing work. I've seen a FM dial he re-did that ROCKED.

PBdad and Vac have both done work for me, and I honestly feel PBdad's work blew Vac's out of the water, although Vac did a great job matching lume color, it doesn't hold a torch to PBdad's.

BK doesn't do lume work. All of his more recent Sub offering have parts that were lumed by PBdad.

Luming is an art form as well as a skill. I hope to get the skill part down for technical jobs. I just want my watches to be legit, however, the older vintage ones don't need lume, but some other tool watches(like the 7002, and the sterile sub) would be awesome to get in proper suer luminova to last 12+ hrs

Well that settles it I'llask pbdad if he will do my watch, the main thing I want is something that's gonna glow like a touch, I'm not too fussed about how long it glows for but as long as it is super bright, by the way guys does anyone know what pbdad stands for?

• 1 month later...