When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lange 1815 Flyback Chronograph

cougar1

Anybody give any feedback on this watch, I think it looks very good? Yeah sure not 100% accurate biggrin.gif but still a nice rep?

I can't see much feedback on them, whereas plenty of info on other lange models, the flyback datograph is getting alot of reviews lately, very hard to see anything on this version. Same open display case with lemania clone st-19 as most of the handwind reps.

Afaik the rep has blue hands aswell just not very clear in the pics. The strap is usual rep quality, needs a good strap, but could be a good watch with a nice strap. It is also a correct 40mm to gen which is a good size.

Rep:

Sorry about robbed pics but old sales thread was best I could find.

RWISale005.jpg

Gen:

7107-LS2.jpg

The rep has the standard display with st19, the lange is a bit more elaborate ;) still a goodlooking rep though!

7107-LSM.jpg

I agree...a very good looking rep Indeed. With a quality strap It will be only be that much nicer.

It may not be the most accurate rep around..but honestly...do you really think you will see one of these out In the wild? Of course It's possible...but I would think highly unlikely.

It's not everyday that I/we/you see a(apox) $35.000 watch on someone's wrist....unless of course you hang around some very wealthy people that happen to have great taste In watches. ;)

I like It...let us know what you think... If and when you get one.

Mike

Cheers maxman, I will let you know if I can pick one up. You're right, I would never run into anybody with a Lange in a million years, :D The watch certainly looks pretty good. It's difficult to find pics or reviews on it. What I was mainly thinking was how good the quality is?, rather than accuracy to gen, as you know yourself some of these high end reps are very nice such as the lange datograph, and some leave alot to be desired in terms of basic finishing/dial print etc.

The main thing with the high end reps for me anyway seems to be if the balance of the dial looks good, and the finish looks reasonable then they are worth a second look. Some of them seem to have all the finish and dial print ok but they end up ruining the balance of the watch by sticking a chrono dial on top or a logo or date window in an odd place. Others have the finishing and dial print of a crap a21j and they stick a st19 in it call it handwind and charge $300 for it. This one seems to be reasonably good in that regard, not madly expensive and the finish 'seems' to be up there with the good rep Langes, JLC and Pateks. I'll see if I can find any and give feedback if I can get it.

• 1 month later...

The caseback looks like the gen to me. Lange's have possibly the most beautifully decorated movements of any watch I have ever seen.

the first rep I ever bought was a Lange tourbillion, which I picked up on the streets of thailand for about $7. It kept (keeps) good time, and is a great looking watch. It is a fantasy design however, as Lange never made a watch that looked like that.

When I bought it I had never heard of A Lange & Sohne, and just bought it because I liked the look. I did not want a rolex rep, as I figured people would guess that it was not a gen. When I returned to london some of the guys at work who are into watches noticed it and made a really big deal. I tried to be low key and said, oh, it is just an old watch I have had for years. Later I googled it and saw what Lange's cost, and what Tourbillions cost, and actually stopped wearing it. Now I only buy reps that I could genuinely afford the gen of, as I found that quite awkward...

Still love Langes, and hope to some day buy a Lange 1 Moonphase.

Hi cougar1,

My question was if this picture is a picture of gen Lange or a picture of S19 movement with swan neck regulator. I haven't come across any S19 (mistakenly labeled Lemania) in this type of configuration. If there is such a S19 movements, do you any rep that have that?

7107-LSM.jpg

It looks like that's the genuine movement.Here is a photo of the movement in my Lange Datograph (Seagull ST-19) . Doesn't look anything like this one.

Lange9c.jpg

I just read a great thread by robbieg on the different hand wind chrono movements. Here is the link:

A Lange & Söhne rep is virtually the only rep I would never ever buy or wear. I´m too much

a watch fan, the fantasy designs never attracted me, nor cheap rep quality.

And, Lange watches are quite unique by many meanings, they simply cannot be repped.

It is impossible, unless they buy a real one, dissect it, and do what they make with much

simpler watches. If anybody would try a 1:1 rep, it would cost a fortune.

There are real gold (and other precious metal) reps out there, but usually not the ones

with complications.

Go to a Lange TD and try one on, or just have a look. You´ll see and feel what I mean.

Maybe in many years, if I decide to spend $50´000 for a single watch instead for a car,

it will be a Grande Lange 1. I don´t like anything below 42mm anymore.

A Lange & Söhne rep is virtually the only rep I would never ever buy or wear. I´m too much

a watch fan, the fantasy designs never attracted me, nor cheap rep quality.

And, Lange watches are quite unique by many meanings, they simply cannot be repped.

It is impossible, unless they buy a real one, dissect it, and do what they make with much

simpler watches. If anybody would try a 1:1 rep, it would cost a fortune.

There are real gold (and other precious metal) reps out there, but usually not the ones

with complications.

Go to a Lange TD and try one on, or just have a look. You´ll see and feel what I mean.

Maybe in many years, if I decide to spend $50´000 for a single watch instead for a car,

it will be a Grande Lange 1. I don´t like anything below 42mm anymore.

The 41mm Datograph is a closed caseback away from 'Super Rep' status.

Just sayin'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2