When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally got my Tudor Monte Carlo parts... Now the fun begins

Ephry73

Updated pictures added side by side. I think I like the folded bracelet much better. It's a lighter fit and just has a better sound to it. The new pushers are perhaps a bit much when I could've just aged the DW ones, but these are "gen" as purchased last summer on the 'bay. Just need a better crystal and set of hands and I think I will be done, for now.

E

^^^ Oh how I know this M, boy how I know this. The DW 6263 case and bezel I am working on are a major PITA, but I think for the money, I shouldn't complaint. One day I will save up enough to get a gen crystal. I think Phong's crystal is next on my list and perhaps the 45min conversion. I think that will top it off nicely. Thank you for the compliments Sir. Coming from you it means a lot.

E

I haven't actually spec'ed the crystal on this model yet. Whatever the specs for the gen crystal are. I guess M can chyme in as I have no idea what it should be. I find it hard to take the crystal off to measure it right now.

This weekend I may play around with the case and the Poljot 3133 movement

E

I figure the crystal might come off when I take the bezel off. If so then I will measure it. I might run to harbor freight and pick up a cheap tool to measure it. I think M said that there was some variance. Some of the DW 7032s will take a gen crystal with not much issue.

I think M said that there was some variance. Some of the DW 7032s will take a gen crystal with not much issue.

I was never able to confirm it first-hand, but that's what I inferred from reading about the early DW 7032 builds. On both of my cases, the gen crystal fit very loosely on the rehaut lip. And both bezels required a trim on the inside. If you look at pictures of the earliest DW cases, it's apparent that they're pretty different from the newer ones. Even the cutouts offer the pushers had a different shape.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take measurements of the gen C128 on my first build, and never got a chance to do so on V2.

• 1 year later...

Good choice. 

I have the PT 7836 with modified end links on mine and it feels perfect. Still looking for the right fit end links. 

Did the transplant on mine just in time for my birthday. 

Serviced 7734 movement

Correct 45min counter

Much better minute hand (matched to the hour hand) from the gropu buy. Although the hour hand on the DW kit was better IMHO

Better seconds and minute counter hands

waiting for the black 7031 bakelite bezel to swap the 128 crystal onto it

The case was re-softened and water tested still good for 5ATM+ which is more than ok for me on a Chrono. I could not wait to finish it as I wanted to wear it on my b-day

Much happier with the watch overall. Now if I could find the right size stem......

DSC_3495_zpsbfdcb6c2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...