When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gens 1675-16750 case design compared with 1655 "1/1"

Rolexaddict

Interesting topic as i am building a 1675 from a Josh 1655. I was originally going to use an older Josh 1655 case which has gen construction and great crown guards but it would not fit a gen crystal (rehaut ring too small) which was workable but then it didn't fit a gen dial (too big) so scrapped the idea.

However using the newer Josh 1655 bezel and a 1680 sub 127 crystal it works, no glue required. here some pics:

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

Crystal sits a bit high coz its a 127 and can't trim or seconds hand won't clear it but its not too bad. i drilled the lugholes.

The crown sits a bit low too...

As you can see the crown guards (needed some work) are awesome, just a shame the case is the wrong dimensions for a 1675. The rehaut opening is 26mm so i plan to use an NDT 1655 dial which is 27.3mm which In my estimation means the markers will be right up against the rehaut as per gen but we shall see. It could be too big.

I got this case a few years ago and it sat in my parts bin for ages, has anyone else seen one like this?

Cheers

P.

Edited by polexpete

• 8 months later...

Great work, and lots of very useful information. I have always contended that the biggest "tell" with rep 1675/16750's is the crown. When you use a 6mm crown, it doesn't seem like much, but it's BIG compared to the 5.3mm. And as RA said, short of using a genuine case, or a model specific case from one of the aftermarket sellers like phong,yuki, NDT and others, you can't use a 5.3mm crown because as RA said the space between the case guards is just to wide.Adding metal is and option, but most modders don't have the capabilities to add metal to cases. Too bad someone hasn't come out with a good 1675/16750 case, but I'm afraid that building something like that is way down on the priority list for the rep factories.

Great work, and lots of very useful information. I have always contended that the biggest "tell" with rep 1675/16750's is the crown. When you use a 6mm crown, it doesn't seem like much, but it's BIG compared to the 5.3mm. And as RA said, short of using a genuine case, or a model specific case from one of the aftermarket sellers like phong,yuki, NDT and others, you can't use a 5.3mm crown because as RA said the space between the case guards is just to wide.Adding metal is and option, but most modders don't have the capabilities to add metal to cases. Too bad someone hasn't come out with a good 1675/16750 case, but I'm afraid that building something like that is way down on the priority list for the rep factories.

I used a gen 5.3mm crown on mine.

MyCornino.jpg

My1675sideview.jpg

My1675pointedcrownguards.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 4/20/2012 at 4:42 PM, automatico said:

I measured a 1675 (serial 555xxxx with 1575GMT hack):

case thickness at 3 o'clock measuring at outside edge with caliper pushed against inner bezel and caseback...4.6mm

thickness at 9 o'clock...4.3mm

at 6 and 12...4.35mm

overall thickness...12.8mm in center of crystal -- 13.35mm at magnifier

thickest part of lugs on outside edge of 3 o'clock side about half way between the crown and springbar holes...5.0mm +/- at both ends (hard to get an exact measurement)

on the other side...4.9mm +/- (hard to get an exact measurement)

caseback od...35.45mm

inner bezel (crystal bezel) od...36.03mm

between lugs...20.02mm both ends

Watch is in good condition, all genuine.

These dims are super helpful! Thanks for posting this. 

Any chance you still have a gen 1675 that you’d be willing to post more pics and dims of? 

I have an incoming Cartel case that I’d like to push the limits of case rework on. The more dimensions I have the better. 

I’m fully aware it won’t ever be identical, especially with the lack of material at the CG’s. I just want to see what I can do with it anyways. 

Thanks in advance!!