When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gang snatch £100,000 wristwatch by shaking victim's hand.

PhilFree

Back in the days of the "Twist-O-Flex" style expansion bracelets, it was a fairly common occurrence among my shipmates to have their watches snatched off their wrists by a pair of locals on a scooter going by on the streets of Hong Kong .....

We were warned to not wear watches so equipped on liberty call!!

They may not have known the value of this one. The location and time alone make it pretty likely that you would be able to get a decent watch from any victim.

Getting this particular one may actually not be that great for the muggers as it will be far more difficult to sell than a standard Rollie.

A female freind of mine was held up at knife point in broad daylight on my doorstep by two guys assisted by a third in a car. She had been followed from the City (financial district) was well dressed and in a nice car. They just picked on her due to general apperance and location.

A witness got the registration no of the get-away car, and it turned out that the gang routinely would identify a well dressed person, follow the victim home and do the attack there.

Still, this sort of thing is very unusual in London and personally I would feel pretty safe walking the streets at night there.

Come on boys - which one of you was it?

:g:

I just bought a new watch cheap. The Eastern European I bought it from told me it was left to him by a rich uncle. Unfortunately he doesn't have the papers or box.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2