When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new keeper - Ingy

sgtguk

@ rwgforumfan - across the bezel itself is 41.5 with crown its 46.5 but the measurement across the crystal is, get this 32mm! Looks a lot bigger than that :inverted: the double Ar is standard I think too.

@ watch.aholic - yes mate it's a really comfy well made rep, to be honest I haven't had the time as yet to do the bracelet refinish I want to but I reckon once that's done it will be sweet ;) It feels very similar to my Tissot on the wrist gives you a that nice warm feeling that a good quality watch can, have you thought about any mods to yours as yet?

@ watch.aholic - yes mate it's a really comfy well made rep, to be honest I haven't had the time as yet to do the bracelet refinish I want to but I reckon once that's done it will be sweet ;) It feels very similar to my Tissot on the wrist gives you a that nice warm feeling that a good quality watch can, have you thought about any mods to yours as yet?

Mate with the total lack of any watch modding skills I don't think I'd even make an attempt to do anything to the Ingy....I am blown over by it, as is

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd give a quick update on this one today,

I have been trying to make some time to do the refinish on the watch especially the bracelet so between decorating the house and work I found a couple hrs free today :clap2: so off I went!

My main reason for wanting to do the refinish is that the bracelet had some really sharp edges on it on the underside of the links so when I have been wearing it it chafes on my wrist, not good, so I started by filing away that sharp edge with a nail file one link at a time (tried a few ways with my dremel but kept catching it on the shiny edges) took a good bit of time but after about an hrs work it was nice and smooth!

Next I refinished the bracelet with a scotch pad and cape cod for the shiny bits, the watch head was finished with the pad and cape cod the same then ultra sonic cleaned all of it, while I was there I had the back off and

re-greased the seal too, all up took about two half hrs and it came up pretty good :inverted:

Feels even better now and really looks the part (and no more chaffed wrist!) it really is a fantastic rep I can't imagine how good the Gen must be in the flesh! Apologies too I didn't think to take pics whilst doing it :huh:

1-1-IMG_0798.jpg

1-1-IMG_0796.jpg

1-1-IMG_0805.jpg

1-1-IMG_0815.jpg

1-1-IMG_0813.jpg

1-1-IMG_0810.jpg

1-1-IMG_0809.jpg

1-1-IMG_0819.jpg

1-1-IMG_0817.jpg

1-1-IMG_0823.jpg