When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO 42mm - black deployment strap with orange stitching?

toasternz

Hi folks - does any of the forums recommended rep dealers sell the PO 42mm with the black strap/deployment buckle/orange stitching? I've looked and can't find one... unless I go for the 45mm of course - and I'm worried my wrist is too small for that.

Also last question - if I buy either the 42 or the 45mm with the leather strap, can I purchase the rep bracelet in either size later if I decide I want to go for that 'look'? I've looked around the various recommended sites I read about on this forum and can't find any dealers that will just sell me the rep bracelet separately!

Thanks for your help!

In relation to my first question, here's the combo I'm asking about in the 42mm size:

233923d1258817996-omega-pos-aftermarket-straps-img_4431.jpg

Buy it on the bracelet for starters, always better, it's easy ask a dealer to sell you separate strap/deployant along with it rather than the other way around. Either way just get it on the bracelet, plenty of straps available aftermarket, check out the likes of timepiecerepublic on the bay, they sell decentish deployant straps and deployants.

At the end of the day though you are much better just buying a good hirsch strap and putting that on, rep straps aren't great, the hirsch will be miles better, and can be put on deployant also.

Always buy any watch (gen or rep) on a bracelet. Its a lot cheaper to go from bracelet to strap.

I have a gen 42 PO. Here are my strap options

1) Gen Orange leather - never worn - came with watch - $325

2) Gen Bracelet - never worn - came with watch - $500

3) Rep rubber - its ok but the fit wasnt the best -$50

4) Mesh - Its one of my favorite - $60 - I wear this one the most !!!

4) Maratec Nylon - Awesome. County Comm is having a sale $6 a strap. Great strap for CHEAP !!!!

Edited by HartDoc

Awesome, thanks for the advice cougar1 / sgtguk / HartDoc - this is why I love reading this forum!

So I will buy the rep on the braclet and get the strap later. My last question is that I really love the omega deployment 'clasp' [is that the right name for this thing?]:

ome94521613.jpg

Understanding that if I want a strap to work with this it lowers my strap options but where can I get a rep of this?

If I were just to buy an aftermarket strap and not the above clasp, is this not a 'tell' of some type - or do gen owners do it frequently too?

Thanks again.

Certainly not a tell, the PO is worn on everything, but you can buy a rep deployant separately, ask the dealer you purchase from if they have any spare, if not then try narikaa (reg) or andrew (trusty) or trevor etc, they are usually good at getting parts and bits :D I bought 2 rep deployants from narikaa about a year ago, they were about £12 each or so, he might still have some.

btw most normal straps will fit onto the deployant, unless they are very thick. you just need to remove the standard buckle and connect it via a spring bar onto the deployant, some people prefer to remove the two strap keepers as they aren't needed with it.

btw most normal straps will fit onto the deployant, unless they are very thick. you just need to remove the standard buckle and connect it via a spring bar onto the deployant, some people prefer to remove the two strap keepers as they aren't needed with it.

Brilliant, I thought it required a different strap! And I will email Narikaa, cheers

I had the same idea, switched the original steel bracelet with a leather one a few minutes ago. Bought the leather strap on ebay, and the deployant buckle here on RWG. I love it, the leather is comfortable and doesn't have the discomfort of having the excess strap catching on to everything. Be careful when opening the deployant if you change the strap though, there are small springs inside and one of them shot across the room. It took me a couple of minutes to retrieve it -_-'

DSC_5629.jpg

Alright, buckle ordered from Narikaa and strap from timepeice republic. More will follow no doubt. Thanks guys.

Last question so I can have all the bits when my rep arrives - what spring bars do I need to buy to attach the strap to the watch and rep deployment buckle to the strap? Assume one spring bar at the buckle end and two at the watch body end? What 'type' of spring bar do I need?

j3t - love it, that looks class