When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 063 Correct Gmt Hands

Finepics

Too bad if it is, but I certainly understand where Mark is coming from on this one.

As an aside, I'm not sure the genuine hands will make that much of a difference in the visual effect on the watch. Another member sent me pictures of his rep dial with genuine hands installed, and they don't look much shorter than the rep hands. Here's the pic (gen on the left, rep on the right):

post-2862-1166202175_thumb.jpg

The issue is not with the hands, it's with the dial. The numbers on the rep are printed slightly more inward toward the center of the dial. We're talking about 1mm here, but that is what's making the difference.

Mine should have the gen hands installed in the next few days, so I will post pictures of those. It's possible that this other member's dial was an anomoly, but it's more likely that the dial printing is yet another rep difference that members (including myself) are going to have to learn to accept.

Too bad if it is, but I certainly understand where Mark is coming from on this one.

As an aside, I'm not sure the genuine hands will make that much of a difference in the visual effect on the watch. Another member sent me pictures of his rep dial with genuine hands installed, and they don't look much shorter than the rep hands. Here's the pic (gen on the left, rep on the right):

post-2862-1166202175_thumb.jpg

The issue is not with the hands, it's with the dial. The numbers on the rep are printed slightly more inward toward the center of the dial. We're talking about 1mm here, but that is what's making the difference.

Mine should have the gen hands installed in the next few days, so I will post pictures of those. It's possible that this other member's dial was an anomoly, but it's more likely that the dial printing is yet another rep difference that members (including myself) are going to have to learn to accept.

Yea, the dial is more noticeably off than the hands to me with the fat 6 9 and 12 numerals that are the signature of so many PAM reps. It would be nice to have slightly shorter hands anyhow, but I certainly wouldn't break the bank to do it.

I don't care too much because it is in that so called 98% range of accuracy after a few easy mods. I just picked up a lumed and serviced 2893 063 that includes the Palp crown and an upgraded cyclops for a great deal. Once I fit the Palp crown, slap on the Jimmy Fu CG I have lying around, and get my Finepics datewheel it will really give my 196 a run for its money in the wrist time department.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been asking Davidsen if he would make the correct size GMT hand in silver for these GMT watches and also if he could do the correct minute hand (as well as correct his own 063's glaring hand faults) as a set with the new GMT hand.

Now he has told me that it costs $400 to set up the machines to cut the hands so I just want to know how many would be interested in either a full 063 GMT set and a single GMT hand for the others. No Pm's - just indicate here please.

Has there been any more interest in having some GMT handsets done?? I will contribute to the set up costs!!

thanks,

skc

My 063 from Daviden is pretty great. The only flaw on his hands is on the second hand...it is silver as oppossed to black. This is the only difference. I think the font size/thickness is off on the Luminor but it is a minor flaw. All in all, a great watch. Don't see the ruckuss about the deeply flawed hands...

My 063 from Daviden is pretty great. The only flaw on his hands is on the second hand...it is silver as oppossed to black. This is the only difference. I think the font size/thickness is off on the Luminor but it is a minor flaw. All in all, a great watch. Don't see the ruckuss about the deeply flawed hands...

No ruckuss, they're just too long. And the wrong color :D