When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Pam247 Ferretti Special Edition Luminor Marina

t

why so expensive? Looks like PAM 111, but with steel backcase...

Isn't this the whole Panerai development and sales strategy in a nut shell!?

"Lets take one watch we already have, add a different dial/hands/lume colour/strap/box/nothing (only one option allowed, delete all the others) and call it a limited edition and sell it for 10x the amount"

I'd wait for the rep version also, all it would take is a new caseback and a stamp on the strap, probably 5 minutes work!

"Lets take one watch we already have, add a different dial/hands/lume colour/strap/box/nothing (only one option allowed, delete all the others) and call it a limited edition and sell it for 10x the amount"

I'd wait for the rep version also, all it would take is a new caseback and a stamp on the strap, probably 5 minutes work!

Agreed! Personally I think it's a bit of a cheek, but they wouldn't be doing it if there weren't people queueing up for them...

if it is so... we need only the 247 caseback for replacement :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well this is what makes Panerai the marketing masters they have become.

I think it is wearig this a bit though. It is one thing to create an all new watch as a limited edition, but when all they are doing is sticking a different case back on it people might start to get tired of it.

I blame Rolex with the fake limited supply of SS Daytonas for starting all of this. 10 years ago they could not GIVE AWAY SS daytonas. Then they decided to just make fewer of them and make them hard to get, suddenly it is the hottest watch they sell and people pay ridiculous prices for them (much more than solid gold versions). Same thing.