When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Unicorn of Watches!

vikkyrob

image.php.jpeg

I have owned close to 300 reps in the eight years since one of my best mates Andy (fxrandy a moderator on this awesome forum) introduced me to the most addictive hobby known to mankind! I have some amazing Frankens but there is one watch that seems to elude me and my mood for it ebbs and wanes like the moon.

I am after a great Rolex Submariner Blue TT 16613. The ultimate is the elusive BK WM9 version which seems to be the unicorn for me as everything else I have wanted has been a matter of waiting for the modders to do their job and the post to deliver it! However, this rare beauty has been dead some time and never looks like being revived.

If I can't own one of these delights then what is the next best thing? Please help as I seem to be at a dead end in terms of viable options.

Kind regards.

Rob

Look at Rob gushing up there

Get the gen rob I see them at not bad prices now and again so you should see them at better prices. Personally if it is a TT the black dial one is nicer to my eye

Build one. Use a TC case set, get yourself a gen bezel & insert & dial. Could be a fun little project. It will take you a while to find the parts I am sure, but at least you can spread the cost out over time instead of dropping a large sum of cash out for the gen. Plus you will appreciate it way more ;) Just my 0.02

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice but if (a big IF I know) a BK WM9 came up for sale for about $1,200 or £700 that is still a fraction of the price of the gen which would be at best £3,500. The bonus of buying a BK WM9 is that it would be worth that price whenever it was sold like the Gen holding its value. I know that my watch mood changes faster than my underwear and so holding £3,500 in one watch, especially one that I might not keep for life is more than I am willing to risk.

Are there any good ones available from the dealers or are they hugely inaccurate compared to the BK WM9 versions? What are the biggest inaccuracies?

Many thanks.

Rob

Thanks for all the advice but if (a big IF I know) a BK WM9 came up for sale for about $1,200 or £700 that is still a fraction of the price of the gen which would be at best £3,500. The bonus of buying a BK WM9 is that it would be worth that price whenever it was sold like the Gen holding its value. I know that my watch mood changes faster than my underwear and so holding £3,500 in one watch, especially one that I might not keep for life is more than I am willing to risk.

Are there any good ones available from the dealers or are they hugely inaccurate compared to the BK WM9 versions? What are the biggest inaccuracies?

Many thanks.

Rob

There is a second option. There are older MBW models of this watch, a pretty good rep. Not as accurate as the Wm9, but not bad at all.

There were two for sale last week at RG.

I like the build option also. It is not all that likely a Wm9 version will come up for sale anytime soon.