When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc portofino

sakib525

They come with no lume as per gen I think. The markers are just metal bars.

Just got this version;

d4b780dd-5064-8037.jpg

In my opinion an extremely good dress rep for the money. Closed caseback as per gen. Even the black rep iwc strap I specified is of decent quality.

Wouldn't hesitate if you're on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you missed the ;) at the end of my post ref the lume mate

depending on where the OP is the date wheel is not a problem if he just wants an ETA one in there, i could do that for him if he is in the eu

The lume is indeed crap in the dark.....if there is none. Andy's a funny guy :)

Oddly enough, Trusty's photos seems to have some weird 'soft glow' effect on them that almost suggests there is. Looks like the kind of photo filter a menopausal housewife might apply to a pet kitten. Possibly Trusty's softer side is coming out :p

Just received one of these with the silver face and gold hands. Very nice dress watch with a simple, elegant look. Waiting for a gen strap and deployant I picked up at a great price off the 'net. Will post a picture when it arrives. It will look much better with the eta datewheel installed and yes, the lume is crap!!!

Thanx for your replies. Andy i am in eu.......uk infact so i will let u know when i have it in my possesion. Thanx again everyone for your responses. Guess i just have to decide if its the black face or the sexy looking silver with gold hands now!!!!!

Edited by sakib525

I recently purchased a 1:1 black faced IWC Portofino. It is a beautiful watch, unfortunately mine had a defective movement. I sent it to The Zigmeister for service and even he could not repair the Asian 2892. Rather than send it back to China, I purchased a new gold plated 2892 Swiss ETA movement from Ofrei and had Rob install it. I also snagged a genuine Daniel Roth black crocodile strap on eBay and installed the rep deployment on it. The movement and strap cost me more than the watch, but now I have a IWC Portofino that should last a lifetime.. :) Here is a quick photo of the movement.

ETAPORTO.jpg

I'll post some updated pics of the watch tomorrow. The ETA date wheel looks much nicer and the Roth strap kicks it in the ass! Even though it is a closed back watch, I know whats inside...28800 swiss ETA smooth as silk...:)

Ok cheers UR, will be nice to see, lots of the white one floating around in pics but hardly any of the black so far. The new eta 2892 is sweet, it should be pretty reliable from now on, it's a bit of a shame the rep a2892 are so fickle at times, anyway with all the mods you've done I'm sure that's a keeper for you. Great watch, wear it well!

Doesn't the black dial one have the wrong color date wheel? I think it's suppose to have a black date wheel but don't quote me on that.

Depends on the model. The black rep model ( 3563-05) has a white date wheel with black numbers. The black model 3563-02 ( have never seen it as a rep) has a black date wheel with white numbers and different hour markers.