When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time keeping

lilypad

Hello,

I just recently acquired a replica watch (Ulysse Nardin) for $420. Everything about the watch is as visually appealing as I had expected, except the little flaw that it doesn't keep perfect proper time.

When I adjust the time to be on the exact second, it changes over the period of one or two days with one minute forward so that I'll have to adjust it again, and so on.

How do I adjust/fix this problem? How common is this with replicas?

Thanks

It is common with ALL mechanical watches ;) Gen as rep.... one minute pr. two days is pretty damn good...

Its one of my "rituals" in the morning to sync or wind the watch I am using for the day....

It's also luck of the draw. I bought a Hublot that loses 2 minutes a day! On the other hand one of my Pams gains only about 10 seconds a day. But TD's will usually send timegrapher results with the QC pics, and although they are not always accurate, you get a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I have had brand new Seiko's, Ball Watch, Doxa, Tutima all come in running fast.

Some argue that a new watch will also "settle down" after a couple of weeks of continuous wear. YMMV.

Give it some time, then regulate it if it bothers you. Personally, if a non-COSC watch runs within +5 min every 10 days I am cool with that. Watches that loose time however bother me, and must fix.

I think Seiko and Doxa consider +22 acceptable out of the box, but don't quote me on that.