When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice! GMT

woof*

Alright, it was late....the auction ended in 9 minutes..no bids and he was asking 350$. I put in a "best offer" of 200$ shipped.

As I watched the auction wind down...it ended with no bids. I checked my email and nothing. I have been an Ebayer since 98' and I thought when an auction ended..it was over.

I was wrong..ten minutes later I got an invoice for 200$. Hmmm..ok well that's fine, a "like new" gen gilt GMT dial for 200$. So I post it's picture in the 1675 thread and go to bed.

With sugar plums dancing through my head...I start imagining parts I need to start collecting to build a gold two tone 1675, Josh explorer case.....Wso gold bezel...gold crown...I already have a new gen tube and eta gmt movement.....I drift off to sleep.

Then I wake up this morning and stare at the picture and realize it's a GMT II! Uggg! I want a plexi GMT.....not a sapphire! I hate this when I do this. :bangin:

Sell it when it gets here and move on? Build something else?

Options? Thoughts?

1675gilt.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Woow, i just saw this now, dident see it when you posted the pic in my gmt topic :( how the [censored] could we be so blind???

Mr W, i know that you want a plexi gmt real bad so i say sell it and search for the proper dial mate.

Let me ask this:

I don't hate sapphire versions, but the one I have is crazy wokky and will not take the WSO gold bezel as far as I know.

The josh explorer method was cool because so many have done it this way.

If I kept and used this dial, what affordable non wok case that can use the gold bezel is out there? Other than a Phong or something?

I guess if I could find a noob transformer this would be possible, any other ideas?

I have the movement out of this one I can use.

post-15193-0-34324300-1293223081.jpg

I guess if I could find a noob transformer this would be possible, any other ideas?

The new cartel superlumed Explorer II has gen construction and can take a gen bezel.

There are threds on it on RWI and RG

The new cartel superlumed Explorer II has gen construction and can take a gen bezel.

There are threds on it on RWI and RGH

The same situation as what's been done with the other cartel McQueen explorer and 1675?

So this will work with the WSO bezel and gen dial?

This one: http://www.1-pc8838.com/0rlex00189-explorer-black-a2813-p-12020.html

Since RG is down, do you have a link from RWI?

That would be incredible if the case works like the one for the 1675!

Thank you!

I found the thread on how to do this with the new superlumed Explorer II, and it was discovered/designed by BK.

Now if i press on with this insanity I need a gold gen style bezel. BK says the WSO bezel is crap. I need a TW, TC, Wm9 or gen bezel.

This actually a pretty easy build. Gold bezel, hands and crown...and I might be good to go. :)

If anyones is interested it's here:

http://www.replica-w...tyle-98880.html

Yes Joey, I didn't remember it had been posted here at rwg.

I know we are mostly vintage guys here, but I am curious as to the reasons why there are not more of these type GMT's floating around? It's not plexi..but at least it's not ceramic supercased :partytime:

The 1675's and 6542's are preferred of course, but the all the controversy several months ago when Josh's new GMT came out...I would have thought many would have taken this route.

I have located a possible TW 18k bezel so far, so I just have to locate gold hands depending on the movement I use...the DG2813 or the eta that is in my other GMT above.

I would love to hear from any members that have taken this direction.

Thanks to everyone that posted here :clap2:

Doesn't the 16750 series use a 6mm crown and have <acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym>'s that are closer together?

the 1675 and 16750 are exactly the same watches :

same very slim case,

same no clics bi-directional bezel construction,

plastic cristal,

5.3mm crown for both

the only difference for the 16750 is the 3075 movement, 28.800bph, date rapide, and with a differend hand stack.

Note : like the 1675, the GMT hand on the 16750 cannot be set via crown

2 kind of dials for the 16750 :

first issue : matt dials OYSTER PERPETUAL (exactly same as 1675) ,

second issue : enamel dials with ringed dots and OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE; Both dials are GMT MASTER only.

Edited by Rolexaddict

I know we are mostly vintage guys here, but I am curious as to the reasons why there are not more of these type GMT's floating around?

I think there are. By-Tor went genuine with a 16710. I think the 'Retro' from Josh, which is the 16710 with the lug holes, should now qualify as 'vintage'. It's old enough, and that's the one that got me into all this.

Those of us who are older remember the plastic crystal watches and how they looked after just a few months of everyday wear. The dome we now again love always seemed to hit something and scratch the snot out of it. I learned to use Brasso to take the scratches out. When I saw my first sapphire crystal, all flat as could be and the reflection so perfect, it won me over immediately. Now I've gone full circle!

So, what is the 'perfect' GMT? To each of us it is something different. I think I'll build my perfect one next.