When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rep of all times? And the winner is... wait for it... Noob 111 and Ploprof v2!

slask111

Best rep ever!  

139 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best rep of all times?

• Ebel 1911
    • Cartier Santos 100
    • Panerai n00b 111 (2012)
    • Breitling Steelfish v2
    • Tag link chrono
    • AP diver v3
    • Hublot v6
    • IWC 3717
    • TC Sub (2012)
    • WM9 V2
    • Panerai n00b 029
    • Panerai n00b 326
    • Panerai H-maker 390
    • Panerai 288k
    • Rolex Explorer I 36mm
    • Breitling Chrono Avenger (2004)
    • Omega SMP chrono (old model)
    • Breitling Skyland v2
    • Chopard GTXXL Chrono
    • Omega Speedmaster Date
  2. 2. What is the best rep of all times?

• Omega Ploprof V2
    • Sinn U1
    • Hublot Diver 4000m

This sounds interesting...good info thanks,...I'm in the market for a high end FM, was your friends dealer a TD on here?

Toad did a fantastic review on the crazy hours back in 2008... this is one stunning style of watch,would appreciate being pointed in the right direction for

one of these too...

All TDs have access to the same inventory. I would contact a few different TDs to get a quote on the watch you are interested in, and research if there have been issues reported for the TD you select prior to placing the order.

As for the crazy hours I've also been looking for the Jumbo version (with the Curvex case) but have been unable to find one with the correct numerals. All the models available come with the incorrect Long Island numerals (not the color, but the shape of the numbers). This image was provided by Guanaco at RWI.

CrazyHoursStyles.jpg

Added the Skyland. But the BR02 has wrong lume? Lume is green on the rep while the gen is blue? Thats a big flaw if you want to be "best of the best" ;)

Is the 005 v1 better then the current offers you think? Any other pam experts that want to comment on this?

I guess the lume is a tell but not one that would bother me, considering no one inspects my watch's in the dark ;) Day time acuracy is there thou, and if we bring lume into the equation then most reps would fail, like the skyland, barely any glow, as most rep lume prier to 2011.

As for the v1 005k, I compared it to the latest 111N, I was desperately looking forward to the new noob offering and was disappointed when it arrived, it is not finnished nearly as nice as the v1 5k was, machining marks where the lugs meet the case, lug screws not as flush and the non threaded side has the holes a little bigger so theres slop in the lug screw, the CG lever was not flush to the CG body, over all not as nice unfortunately :(

Good selection now, that poll is getting bigger, I'm sure there's a few more, we'll be scrolling through that poll soon ;)

How about the aquaracer 500m black, it's pretty damn close out of the box (same poor AR and lume as gen tag aswell :D) and also the Sinn U2 should definitely be considered. Also the classic basic non-chrono tag carrera 39mm should maybe be considered?

I guess the lume is a tell but not one that would bother me, considering no one inspects my watch's in the dark ;) Day time acuracy is there thou, and if we bring lume into the equation then most reps would fail, like the skyland, barely any glow, as most rep lume prier to 2011.

As for the v1 005k, I compared it to the latest 111N, I was desperately looking forward to the new noob offering and was disappointed when it arrived, it is not finnished nearly as nice as the v1 5k was, machining marks where the lugs meet the case, lug screws not as flush and the non threaded side has the holes a little bigger so theres slop in the lug screw, the CG lever was not flush to the CG body, over all not as nice unfortunately :(

Good points about the lume. But imagine you are out in the sun.. charging that lume. Then you suddenly walk in to a dark bar thats full of WIS ppl. They WILL notice. This is possible.. ;)

But true.. if lume is to consider only the 2011-2012 reps should be on this list right?

I do belive you and respect what you say about the 005 v1. But i would like to know from more members what they think about the 005 v1. Pls contribute. Otherwise i will put it on the list... 22 watches now..

All TDs have access to the same inventory. I would contact a few different TDs to get a quote on the watch you are interested in, and research if there have been issues reported for the TD you select prior to placing the order.

As for the crazy hours I've also been looking for the Jumbo version (with the Curvex case) but have been unable to find one with the correct numerals. All the models available come with the incorrect Long Island numerals (not the color, but the shape of the numbers). This image was provided by Guanaco at RWI.

CrazyHoursStyles.jpg

Ok will do.... thanks...

Re incorrect numbers, are you saying it's impossible to source a crazy numbers watch that has the correct font?

Why aren't you just buying a gen dial on ebay for less than $100 ??

How about the closed factory SMPs? The best SMPs out of the box - bar none. Correct HE valve, pearl, cgs, etc.

I had many, sold many and now building some new ones.

Didn't really consider it. First because I was under the impression that it doesn't fit without sanding the dial from the posts I've read. And second because I'm not very good with tools. I'm sure I would ruin the dial before it was over.

The gen curvex dials above drop right into the FM crazy I bought for my daughter. I have not tried the LI style dial in my own LI style Crazy Hour yet. As far as not being good with tools ... thats what modders are for! :1a: