When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a 500M; immediately sent it to Vaccum for mods

Jkay

As the Aquaracer 500M (with Sellita) arrives, I found it rather unacceptable. No AR, poor lume .. on a $320 rep?!

It went out to Vac only days after coming here. I had him lume it, shave off the cyclops, do double AR and finally, the 10 ATM waterproofing test.

"Shaved the clops?!" I hear you saying ... why yes. I saw in some Gen forum that those owners were doing it, and sure enough the watch looks better.

Here are the finished product shots from Vac, pre-shipment. I'm looking forward to receiving it for a second time.

post-22602-0-73681400-1337734077.jpg

post-22602-0-88525700-1337734079.jpg

post-22602-0-78213100-1337734081.jpg

I think because Tag places text and item details below the cyclops, it just looks like the clops is in the way!

The AR lab would not do their job with the cyclops in place, and so I just had Vac shave it and forget it. The Tag gen forum gave me this idea.

OH and it is just the white balance in Vac's photo .. it's a black 500M .. the blue model would also have a blue rubber bezel insert :clap2:

I forgot to mention in the top post that the watch passed 5ATM out of the box .. it could not go the distance to 10ATM .

I think because Tag places text and item details below the cyclops, it just looks like the clops is in the way!

Just looking at the pics of my old one and others on the web and you are 100%. It really does look like the cyclops was an afterthought. I love the look of yours though.

Have you received it yet? Looking forward to seeing some more pics ;)

Although it has been ready for a while, Vac has not had the time to ship it. He is a super-busy modder and anyone who sends a watch his way must be patient.

You can bet there will be a photo shoot when it arrives.

Ps - did you notice that the 2012 500 M has no cyclops? I'm a trend setter! LOL

• 1 year later...

Andrew has it listed just under $300 plus hipping

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_211&products_id=5838

Arrows still missing from G of TAG though, but I don't care, been wanting this model for a while now. Maybe my next franken after my Chopard, and Carrera :)

Edited by SSTEEL

Coincidentally I did buy this from Trusty. It's the most expensive gen Selita version.

Is yours the blue, or black model?  I'm colourblind, and can't make out if yours is which.  The blue on TT looks a brighter shade of blue?  Or they the same as yours?

Is yours the blue, or black model?  I'm colourblind, and can't make out if yours is which.  The blue on TT looks a brighter shade of blue?  Or they the same as yours?

It's a black tuxedo stripe dial.

Funny story .. I actually intended to buy the most excellent 500M chrono version but purchased it so quickly I did not notice my mistake.

Thanks certainly got that feeling for this watch, you know the feeling when you see the right one, you have to have it!  Will certainly get the same mods does too.

Thanks again!

Thanks certainly got that feeling for this watch, you know the feeling when you see the right one, you have to have it!  Will certainly get the same mods does too.

Thanks again!

SgtGuk in 'stralia said the same thing about 6 months ago, and he loves his now!!

Does the gen come with the two vertical lume strips, one either side of the DW?  The gen I have been looking at don't.

TAGBlackAquaracer_zps0b233bc0.jpg

Unless its only specific model gens have this?

I bought the Gen originally till I got the rep, yes they do have the lume strips (well mine did) you just cant see them unless on angle as the cyclops is in the way  :)  I'll try to upload a pic of my old Gen for you mate..