When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Sub/Gen Insert Headaches: Fits bezel, pops out when installed on case

lhooq

Jesus, LH, what possessed him to go shaving the inner ring of the insert? Sorry to hear this, what was he thinking?

Ciborg, my insert was definitely gen, and wouldn't go in using hard plastic to press it in, or side of table or press... just no go at all. At the same time, even though I went around and around the 1600 grit, in reality little was actually shaved off, it was just time consuming and being cautious.

I would imagine being a rep bezel that the tolerances are a little off on occasion, causing the issue randomly, rather than the Rolex inserts being out of tolerance?

Jesus, LH, what possessed him to go shaving the inner ring of the insert? Sorry to hear this, what was he thinking?

I don't know. Sometimes when he works on my reps, it's as if he sees a "Git-R-Dun" tattoo on my forehead and throws caution to the winds. Perversely, it's the gen parts that suffer.

Follow-up question to janeto72 and cib0rgman: Any comment on rsh's thread on RWI, as linked by alligoat?

I'd read about your efforts prior to starting this thread, and, in fact, one of my remarks referred to them: "When I read about people working their thumbs around the circumference of the insert, are they doing this while the bezel is already mounted?"

The thing with my Sub is that the gen insert will snap on perfectly when the bezel is off the case. Once the bezel is pressed on, the insert pops off. So, are you fitting your insert after you've mounted the bezel, or while it's off the watch?

I am installing the insert when the bezel of the watch, is hard to press the insert when the bezel is on the watch. the crystal get in your way.

Had the same problem with my TC Sub. Bloody PITA to click the final part of the insert. Align the insert, and then trace it from 12:00 round both sides with your thumbs till you get to that stubborn 6:00 mark that wont click in or fit. Use a plastic item padded with a napkin to press the last part in.

This guide helped

http://www.vikbobil.se/bezel.html