When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Turning a 1655 in to a 1675

archierocks

o.k, I just check,

Phong has now 1675 case sets at 1450,00 usd... (nada yesterday...)

Yuki was the same at 550,00 usd, wtf ??? Yuki machine is brocken....

sounds like Phong has a new source...

This being said, on pics the Phong 1675 case set looks great, and some details are significant, this case is accurate !!!

Wow a case set at $1450..............it should look more than great RA !!!!! No disrespect RA - love all your work on these but that is one heck of a build budget to kick off with?

Archie - stick with the Josh 1655 and mod it - a rep, is a rep, is a rep! Or pick up a Gen watch for $4000!

I never understood people who spend 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the price

of the gen to build a Frankenstein.

Call me crazy.

Half the fun is doing the mods yourself, so OP stick to the josh 1655 and build it yourself:

-1655 dg2813 $150

-1675 yuki dial $150

-2813 Mercedes hands from Clark $10

-25-116 Clark Crystal $6

-WSO complete Bezel $160

Under 500 great rep. Some case slimming and CG reshape and it's good to go.

Wow a case set at $1450..............it should look more than great RA !!!!! No disrespect RA - love all your work on these but that is one heck of a build budget to kick off with?

Archie - stick with the Josh 1655 and mod it - a rep, is a rep, is a rep! Or pick up a Gen watch for $4000!

i have a gen coming for me from BQW to have a look at with a batch of watches for a customer to see how it suits if he buys what i think he will buy then i will get the gen i have been obsessing over one for a while that and a 6542

but i wanted to build one too just for the building experience its my own fault for rushing in to buying parts ive spent about $2000 in 4 weeks on watches and gen parts i have the sickness

i have a gen coming for me from BQW to have a look at with a batch of watches for a customer to see how it suits if he buys what i think he will buy then i will get the gen i have been obsessing over one for a while that and a 6542

but i wanted to build one too just for the building experience its my own fault for rushing in to buying parts ive spent about $2000 in 4 weeks on watches and gen parts i have the sickness

The Gen is always the way to go on a 1675 so I hope that deal wprks out for you - or a build like Gw4k says above, for the reasons he says - but that's just my opinion, supporting his spec build and budget. You will always sell your Gen Rolex parts on the Rep and/or Gen forums, so that is not a loss.

I have also collected a lot parts for a mid 1980's, transitional T dial 16750 build, incl Gen dial, crown, full jubilee and inserts. I am thinking to abandon it now, even though I have all of the parts for the final assembly :g:

no problem Sir, and I complete agree with you,

The Yuki 1675 case is out of stock, it was 550usd + 50usd custom engraving.

On Yuki photos it looks fine : slim, with a 5.3mm crown, and a slim flat caseback.

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6924997/6964737.htm

they say "in stock" but tell me by mail "the machine is broken" I will mail again, maybe when it was the night in Hong Kong and the cleaning guy in the office answered to me

My idea was to fly over the cartel 1655 and the WSO option.

It was to go with a complete and accurate 1675 case and dial from Yuki and a 30usd DG3804 movement. The only complication was the correct sized and open 6/9 DWO

Bracelets are easy to find...

Thats was the idea

i only got the 1655 case as loads of people said it was the way to go :confused:

It is the way to go coz its the only way to build a 1675 on a budget which won't blow the bank. Stick with the Josh case for now. Rolexaddict does a fantasic job on reworking the case so everything is possible.

Cheers

P.

I just got a midcase from Phong with engravings. A bezel assembly from here:

http://stores.ebay.c...sid=p4340.l2563

He Asks 350usd for bezel set ! but i offered him 200usd and he accepted. Gen crystal fits perfect, gen insert had to be shaved ...

Josh 1655 case is crap for a 1675, totally wrong even for a 1655...

Here's pics

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

Cheers

P.

How much is a phongs case

the case is going to Ra monday for him to work his magic and i have ordered a few bracelets from different suppliers

a few weeks and it should all be complete just thinking over a lume job on the dial and hands i think i want some glow lol

I never understood people who spend 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the price

of the gen to build a Frankenstein.

Call me crazy.

Half the fun is doing the mods yourself, so OP stick to the josh 1655 and build it yourself:

-1655 dg2813 $150

-1675 yuki dial $150

-2813 Mercedes hands from Clark $10

-25-116 Clark Crystal $6

-WSO complete Bezel $160

Under 500 great rep. Some case slimming and CG reshape and it's good to go.

+1000 :)

under 500 is possible - if you want to go crazy watch ebay - gen cases go often less then

what Phong = made in China for $50 ;) asks