When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs (UK)

ThePimp

I am fully aware of the risks in ordering rep's from the far east, but is my case unusual?

I bought 3 watches from P.C. On the 27th April and another watch on the 4th May. The latter has arrived OK. Tracking details on my first order tell me it landed in the UK and was passed to customs on the 16th May. I have contacted Parcell Force and they can only confirm my package is being held in UK Customs.

Obviously this is a worry as customs normally clear in 2-3 days, this is highly unusual.

Any advice on where I go from here would be very much appreciated, this package is worth well over £450 of my money.

I am in a similar situation myself, my package consisting of 3 watches has been in customs for 12 days now, I also contacted parcel force who could only tell me it was still with customs and they could not Chase it however he did say that due to the time of year, the Olympics and a crackdown on counterfeit goods there is a backlog and can take anything from 2 to 3 WEEKS!! So I suppose its just a case of fingers crossed and hang in there

Don't panic either of you! And contacting parcel force is not the best thing to do as you now have admitted you have a parcel coming and cannot really refuse it if a problem arises!

Customs have become very slow releasing packages this year so be patient and dont draw attention to it with phone calls.

I guess it will say either awaiting customs charging at international hub or something similar.

I must have been really lucky. This time last week I received a rep planet ocean from tony at asian7750.

It was my first attempt at buying direct from a TD from china as all my other purchases have been from members inside the uk.

I was nervous about customs bu according to tracking my package cleared in less than 60 minutes, but now I read about a few people stating they are waiting a long time.

Hope your packages are released soon and without issue.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iil0kf

Gutted!! i didnt realise they can charge import and vat afterwards, its now 15 days and on tracking still shows "in progress" "awaiting custom clearance" i have a further 2 watches that are now also at customs which makes 5 in total and a lot of money. i cant wait though just hope they dont go missing. Also can anyone verify if customs is 24 hrs so i can keep tracking whatever the time or are there opening hours??

I

16 days now and getting really impatient

Where did you order from? I did mine thro PC and I can honestly say I have never seen an exact value on any paperwork so how the chuff they work out VAT is beyond me.

I just want my watches.......PLZ :)

pc and trusty etc are rep suppliers they wont and never will put actual values on it once the vat was paid it was delivered next working day

startime supplies is a company that supplies to the watch and jewellery trade so there invoices have all the full values

from pc i normally get the watches within 6 days but i did wait almost 3 weeks for one

Update! I ordered a further 2 watches a week after my initial order of 3 watches all from trusty, the second order has now been "received and processed" in customs and are "awaiting customs charging" whilst the first order is still "waiting for custom clearance"

After 16 days of 'Awaiting customs clearance' my status now says 'Forwarded for UK processing'

Not sure if this is good news or bad. I will feel a lot more comfortable when it's forwarded to the local distribution centre.

I must be mad but I have ordered another one from PT.......Fingers crossed I don't get the same trouble & worry.

damn i got a sack full coming this week.... im not saying how many .. right now but will update of when they land .. fingers crossed !!

Good luck. From what I have heard, the Olympics are doing us no favours, every international shipment is being scanned at customs, hence the huge backlog.

I guess we all just have to be a little more patient!

Great news, after being in customs for 17 days wait for customs clearance literally over night (8 hrs) my first 3 watches I ordered were signed for this morning. As soon as they left customs and handed over for UK processing they moved like lightening. I still have 2 to pay "revised charges" but at least I'm getting there. Good luck lads I hope yours arrive soon

glad to hear that my friend ... nothing worse then sitting there not knowing what happening with our beloved watches ....!! i think i'm in for the long haul!!

im sure they will be on your wrist very soon !!

WhooooHooooo, mine turned up today as well, looked on Parcelforce's web site at 9:00am no change to the status, look again at 12:00 noon and they showed they had been loaded for delivery, an hour ago they arrived.

Gutted tho because one of the Breitlings date window suround has come off, emailed Joshua and just awaiting a reply to see where we go from here.

Just out of interest how difficult would it be for a local watch repairer to stick the little crome surround back on? I guess its going to cost me postage to return the watch to Perfect Clones, just wondering if it would be cheaper to let someone local d it? Any thoughts

post-41162-0-97934300-1338389344_thumb.j