When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are 7734 prices going up?

red series 3

Did i miss something...

I have been watching the prices of Valjoux 7734 movements even though i sourced one for a monte carlo build for myself already.

I was watching this one which was only $60 with 7 hours to go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110882669004?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Why is the price so high on this movement?

Ouch! That is a really high price. Better to look out for a donor piece and search by vintage chronograph to get your movement. I suspect you will get a better deal that way. That is how I got mine. Although a service will be mandatory going this route.

I've just(two weeks ago) bought a complete running movement with stem and crown no dial or hands for a quarter of the price that ebay listing sold for. It didn't have Heuer or Breitling in the name maybe that is the difference.

Could it be that it was in Europe?

Edited by Red Series 3

Ridiculous price. Most likely will need a service as well so whoever bought that is looking at spending at least another $150 - $200 for that one.

Interesting that the prices are going up though. It's getting harder and harder to source the case parts needed for a decent Tudor MC so I don't see why there would be such a large demand for these movements.