When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first franken UPO

sneed12

This is my... fourth? fifth? Planet Ocean. I've owned both sizes, and while the 42 wears better for me I just like the 45mm for some reason.

Got a great deal on some gen parts, so I assembled my first franken Omega last night. Gen dial, hands, crystal, rep everything else. The AR on the gen crystal makes a HUGE difference compared to the reps I've owned in the past.

I had the "light box" (sheet draped over an end table) set up already to take pics of watches for sale, so I thought I'd snap a few of this watch as well

101_4556.JPG

101_4557.JPG

101_4558.JPG

101_4561.JPG

BTW: If anyone has a line on a rep UPO bracelet or a black rubber strap, I'd be interested.

But wait ... what about the crown/tube for reliability? You'll strip out the rep tube in a month or two.

My last UPO I had for nearly a year, and never had a problem with the rep crown and tube.

In any case, I still have the gen crown that came with the original watch. If the tube on this one strips out, I'll replace the crown and tube with the gen parts then. Maybe I can come up with a better solution than JB weld.

Very nice! Something done to the pearl? It glows too bright to be an original rep pearl.

Pearl relumed by vac, installed in a bezel from WSO. In fact, in the pictures here the pearl hole is a hair too big and the pearl isn't quite straight/flush. I ordered a replacement from WSO to try and mount the pearl a second time, came out much better. I'll post a pic of the new insert when I get around to it.