When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question: Pam 240 - popular or not

rolli

• 4 weeks later...

Hey wolf.

So for this 240 it should be without a roller cg?... Interesting. Whats the right cg for this? Looked at some pics of gens and it seems to be the same.

Its the same h fact cg they use on the 177 and 176.

Loved this watch but the 177 got more wrist time.

Edited by bumroxas

It's beautiful...gotta fix that canon pinion tho..or swap with a noob movement. the best is to go with h 240 and a compatible noob auto and youll get a killer watch.

heres mine with modded cg's

p5.jpg

wow how did you mod the crown guard like this? the squared off edges and the lever pin looks perfect

Hey wolf.

So for this 240 it should be without a roller cg?... Interesting. Whats the right cg for this? Looked at some pics of gens and it seems to be the same.

Its the same h fact cg they use on the 177 and 176.

Loved this watch but the 177 got more wrist time.

No, the J series is correct to have a hex crown tube, QR lugs and a roller CG. What I'm saying is - for me, having a Ti model with a traditional case, tube and CG would open a lot of possibilities for using its parts for a multitude of other builds.

In itself I think that PAM240 is boring even on a matching bracelet. I would rather have a PAM36, 55, 56, 61, even a 118 before I'd consider a 240.

Got ya...a 36 would be really cool...

Seangoh,

I filed off the inner corners with a jewelers file. But just enough for a sharp corner. To get the inner top edges sharp, i took out from the top so i wouldnt cut too much and open up the cg rectangle hole too much. You see the edges from the factory are a bit chamfered. Pop up the lever pin by just a notch and file away following the exact contour of the cg. When done finish it off with a scotch brite pad then push the pin in. It should seat a bit recessed now.

You gotta remove some ti off the inner lever too. It sticks out at the corner from the inside.