When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 and 6542 bezel set ups

archierocks

I'm really stuck trying to put these together can anyone help or send me in the right direction only one guy on ebay sells them and loads of folk have said stay away from him

holding up both projects grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I ordered a 1675 bezel set from WSO and it didn't fit a gen retaining ring. But when I used his retaining ring / bezel combo it clicked on pretty securely. The shape of the grooves in the bezel was a little off but overall it looks good. I installed it on a friend's gen 1675. For about 2x the money I could have got a gen bezel only, without retaining ring.

For the 6542, you want to go here. I put one of their plated brass bezels on my gen 6536 and it's VERY nice. Tell them you want just the bezel and ring/spring and do not want the insert. They'll knock off some of the price. Then talk to JMB JoeyB here on RWG about his inserts.

Bada-bing, bada-boom. Done.

edit: Sorry Joey! I had the wrong name in there.

I ordered a 1675 bezel set from WSO and it didn't fit a gen retaining ring. But when I used his retaining ring / bezel combo it clicked on pretty securely. The shape of the grooves in the bezel was a little off but overall it looks good. I installed it on a friend's gen 1675. For about 2x the money I could have got a gen bezel only, without retaining ring.

For the 6542, you want to go here. I put one of their plated brass bezels on my gen 6536 and it's VERY nice. Tell them you want just the bezel and ring/spring and do not want the insert. They'll knock off some of the price. Then talk to JMB here on RWG about his inserts.

Bada-bing, bada-boom. Done.

thanks guys i totally forgot about ndt i really like joeyb insert for the 6542

WSO retaining ring and gen bezel work if you count not being able to move the bezel anymore as working :)

Yeah there seems to be a small diameter difference in the WSO parts.

His bezel on a gen ring -- won't stay on

Gen bezel on his ring -- too tight

His bezel on his ring -- pretty nice

No problem and quite understandable. We're both 'Greek-god handsome', but I'm the one with a few more gray hairs... :whistling:

Are you sure this is a good thing? :g:

RabbitGiantGerman.jpg