When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW's Mystery Movement

Akira

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up two stems for my V72 yesterday in Miami and they look like they could work. The only difference I can see is that the thicker part right after the thread (sorry I don't have the proper lingo down) is slightly shorter.

Can anybody confirm that this would work?

Then I could send one to Akira

Edited by Donerix 2.0

• 2 months later...

The mind boggles....

After I've got a V72 stem from Donerix - Thanks again! - I was thinking about gutting the whole watch.

Meaning:

Keeping the MM, if repairable, and selling the dial and case just to build this one:

RX6264SS-B01.jpg

The question is:

Will the MM fit my V72 case?

Thanks for your helps so far :)

Akira

• 6 months later...

i have both DW MM movement, dial, and cases lying around in my parts box...funny how we paid big bucks in the past and they always ended up in part bin...shoot me pm if anybody in need of anything...

might put up my v72 phong with texas dial (bought froma watch show) for sale if anyone is interested....

1dbd7513.jpg

flex

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The movement is not a copy of anything..., it most certainly is not a V23 (or 72, the 72 is simply a 23 with a 12 hr counter added) I have tried all the stems possible and none fit.

I finally found a Bestfit stem that was close and needed some tweeking in the lathe to make it fit...

Digging an old post for a stem. Any ideas if the ST19 will fit? 

E

• 1 month later...

I can't get the stem out because it is severed right at the keyless works.

The funny thing is that this watch is from the first batch DW ever made... And it has been the most mysterious watch I've ever owned lol! The stem broke a few weeks into initial ownership.

Shedding light on esoteric info is what this watch represents to me.

The mystery continues :)

Can you decase & remove the hands/dial? If not, take the watch to a local watchmaker & have him do it.
The downside is that he may look at the movement & just say he cannot match the stem because he is unfamiliar with the movement. Whereas, if you just bring him a stem, there is more of a chance he will just search through his parts &/or parts books to find a match.