When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob Just purchased used Gen Insert/Advice Please : )

bpolo

Hi All,

I just bough a new TC V4 Sub, that comes without an insert installed. It should be shipped to me in a week or so....Anyhow, I was looking for a new Gen Black Insert, but couldnt find one for a decent price, so I just had a bit of a knee jerk, compulsive episode on ebay, and bought this Used Gen Blue TT insert...I know Rolex doesnt use that combo on a 16610, but hey, it's a rep, so I figure I'll have some fun until I fing my Gen Black insert..I dont even know if this TT insert will look ok..Anyhow, I'm posting pictures, because it has some scratches...I made an offer of about $ 20 less that what he wanted, and got it for $75...Did I screw up? Or is this price about right? And although the scrathes look bad in the photos, I'm thinking in real life, there actually quite small..can always ask the seller to let me back out of the deal..

Thanks for your help

B

572629058tp.jpg573534314tp.jpg573534373tp.jpg573534424tp.jpg

I just found this one from the same seller, and he is willing to give this to me instead. I think Black and Gold would look better, with the Black Dial, and all Stainless of the 16610. Unless I'm just nuts, and should just buy a darn Black Clark...!! Arrgh!! Its not letting post a photo!

post-45208-69066.jpg

Edited by bpolo

I actually did a similar thing and bought a gen 16613/16618 blue insert but one that had the gold bezel lettering faded off and has silver left behind for a blue/silver look. It is going on my TC sub but with Maxi dial/hands (LV model). The blue insert still has a yellow gold pearl insert, but plan to swap it out with a white gold one to make it complete. End result will look something like this, but with maxi dial/hands (and my blue insert has less scratches). Sort of like the common "Land Shark" mod people are doing on the SubC, but on the more classic sub. :)

8d3969b0.jpg

Would be a shame to ruin a gen insert for its pearl. I'll probably end up selling it, and purchase a gen plain black insert when the time comes.. The seller actually was nice enough to give me a near perfect tt black/gold gen insert, for the same price instead.. I think it will look good, although not stock rolex 16610

• 2 weeks later...

Well

On a second thought you are right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, Ive been using the TT insert. Doesnt look too bad...I found a place locally, that has literally 100's of Used Gen inserts in beautiful shape, but none of the lume pearls work...

I actually did a similar thing and bought a gen 16613/16618 blue insert but one that had the gold bezel lettering faded off and has silver left behind for a blue/silver look. It is going on my TC sub but with Maxi dial/hands (LV model). The blue insert still has a yellow gold pearl insert, but plan to swap it out with a white gold one to make it complete. End result will look something like this, but with maxi dial/hands (and my blue insert has less scratches). Sort of like the common "Land Shark" mod people are doing on the SubC, but on the more classic sub. :)

8d3969b0.jpg

Believe it or not but the first blue inserts did actually have silver numbers. That's the one I had on the 16800 pictured. I did have to install a silver pearl though.