When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on dlc/pvd coatings?

Bennykwa80

I believe dlc is extremely durable, I had it done on my motorcycle exhaust about a year ago and the coating has been extremely durable. If I ever see scratches on it, it's because it scratched material off something else, not that it has been damaged

I believe dlc is extremely durable, I had it done on my motorcycle exhaust about a year ago and the coating has been extremely durable. If I ever see scratches on it, it's because it scratched material off something else, not that it has been damaged

I have a Trusty Time 360

love it

I had a Kroexist 359 (sold because to big for me)

loved it

Trustys dlc not at thick as kroexist

I took a xacto knife to the back of both

Trustys scratched a bit, Kroexist not at all

IMHO if properly applied DLC work fabulous

I live by Camp Pendelton

I had the honor of being at the local range with current soldiers

their duty weapons had military dlc

the side arms looked new

the ones dragged thru The Sandbox, were not new looking but the dlc works

I have a current project with Necky for a custom DLC, the dlc done by

a military contractor

I persononally like the black look of dlc

i do not like the shiney pvd

i also have a black Lum Tec M50

it is a PVD finish, but satin and very very cool

my two Satang

bw

out

I've been wearing my PAM 360 for a solid month now and the case is starting to show tiny knicks where I keep knocking into things. The spots are very small- pin [censored] sized- but show up because of the shiny metal underneath. The rest of the watch is perfect though and I think DLC is more resistant to abrasion than to knocks. Remember- diamonds are hard and that means they're also brittle.

PAM360.jpg

Are you certain that your dlc coating is not marked with metal. Try to rub a spot with your moistened finger, and the shiny speck should come off.

Since the dlc is so tough, pieces of metal get stuck to it when you crash your watch into metal.

Are you certain that your dlc coating is not marked with metal. Try to rub a spot with your moistened finger, and the shiny speck should come off.

Since the dlc is so tough, pieces of metal get stuck to it when you crash your watch into metal.

Well, for ~$300 I'm not at all convinced that I'm actually getting DLC. I checked and it definitely has come off the case. I'm totally digging this particular watch though so we'll see how it goes and maybe I'll get the DLC professionally applied at some time in the future. As it is, the marks are minor and not bothering me.

• 3 weeks later...