When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

99% Accurate Offshore Rep!

thomasng

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVD EOD would be impossible. Caseback engravings would be different, and the lugs are completely different on that older model. Hope they make 1:1 endlinks I can use on my genuines. :) I also hope they get the deployment buckle right. Or a very good bracelet.

A Rubberclad would be sweet, especially a RG one. :)

I'm guessing these dials:

Themes black

Themes white

Themes blue

Themes navy (white with blue numerals)

Themes Safari

Themes black with silver subdials (only accurate for Rubberclad)

Blue dial with dot markers

White dial with dot markers

Blue dial with arabic numbers non-Themes

White dial gold markers for gold version

I'm also hoping they make a RG Rubberclad rep, with the dial for it, grey with black subdials like the Sincere Tantalum LE.

Hoping they also do LE's like Worth Avenue, ADC, Montenapoleone. Too bad JPM and RBII will be out of reach, being made of Ti and a different case design. :(

Oooh!! A PVD EOD would be :wub:

But, I still long for a standard 25860ST chronograph...

Randy, I think a 1:1 25860ST would be out of the question. There's a lot of potential problems. The case would definitely not be 1:1, with the thickness of the 7750 and the bracelet would need to be thicker, rendering it inaccurate. The subdial spacing is even closer than a Daytona, and the datewheel would be sunken. Unless, if they copy the F. Piguet movement. (One can always hope) :)

Randy, I think a 1:1 25860ST would be out of the question. There's a lot of potential problems. The case would definitely not be 1:1, with the thickness of the 7750 and the bracelet would need to be thicker, rendering it inaccurate. The subdial spacing is even closer than a Daytona, and the datewheel would be sunken. Unless, if they copy the F. Piguet movement. (One can always hope) :)

The saddest reality check of my day :(

Another reality check: T3 and Titanium Offshore rep doesn't seem likely in the future, as Ti reps seem to be dying out and rare. It would be a [censored] especially to work with it for a Royal Oak case.

And, I don't need to stare at those pics. I'm staring at a genuine piece exactly like that (except in Ti) on my wrist today. :) Can't wait to have the rep, so this one can go back in the bank vault.

I'm hoping for an Alinghi Polaris dial... is this the right case for it? A safari dial would be nice too, and Worth Ave. with the yellow numerals is also cool...

Alinghi Polaris is different. It has a rotating inner bezel, and a case designed for that, as well as a different caseback. Movement is different than the normal Offshore, in the Alinghi Polaris, it is an in-house flyback regatta movement.

Safari would be a dream, and they have no lume to screw up on, but what comes into question is how good the band would be, as the OEM hornback strap is almost $600 each!

At the right price, i would get a black dial rubber clad + the safari + the ADC versions.

They might even do the Jay-Z LTD Edition

BTW - I found this on one of the AP forums

Its the weight of the different models

The stainless chrono is 166 grams (normal sized royal oak)

The titanium Off Shore is 161 grams

The stainless Off Shore is 200 grams

The 18kt chrono is a big 281 grams

Maybe good for future reference

Alinghi Polaris is different. It has a rotating inner bezel, and a case designed for that, as well as a different caseback. Movement is different than the normal Offshore, in the Alinghi Polaris, it is an in-house flyback regatta movement.

Safari would be a dream, and they have no lume to screw up on, but what comes into question is how good the band would be, as the OEM hornback strap is almost $600 each!

I figured as much with Alinghi Polaris... I don't know if there's another Alinghi model that would work...

I agree that the Safari would be incredible. I assume the strap would be crap, have to replace with something from Simona or elsewhere...

Personally I really prefer the ROO on a strap, it makes it a lot more under-the-radar...

Not really. Puretime wrote in an email to me:

"the factory owner said if he cannot get the A7750 modified to sub-sconds on 12, the final products will have seconds running at 9. We all hope the modification can be done successfully."

So we cannot be sure if it is going to be modified or not yet.

Not really. Puretime wrote in an email to me:

"the factory owner said if he cannot get the A7750 modified to sub-sconds on 12, the final products will have seconds running at 9. We all hope the modification can be done successfully."

So we cannot be sure if it is going to be modified or not yet.

Damn it. If it isn't modified, it would be a complete deal-breaker for me. If they could do it to the Daytona, I bet they can do it with this model too. Wait and see.

Guest RiverwindMDS
yeah i too would much prefer a modded 7750, even with the potential problems.

They managed it with the daytona and iwc

I just prefer a modded one too. I can send it to The Zigmeister to make it last the more you can and then If it stops working just change the movement or buy another. But having a watch that anyone can spot is no good, especially with this very accurate case.