When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP diver V2 vs V3

Legend

Hi all,

I am an AP noob and I am keen to buy the AP diver.

I would like to know the differences between the V2 and the V3.

Obviously, the V3, being a later release, is expected to show improvements over the V2.

I read the thread in this section posted by another member here, but its mostly about comparison of the V3 with gen. That is an excellent thread, but I could not really find the information I needed.

I know the V3 is kinda scarce in supply now and I would like to know if I could settle for the V2 if need be.

Thank you in advance for any help rendered, guys!

LK

V3 is far superior to the V2. Here are a few differences:

1. Crystal - V3 comes with clear AR, V2 does not
  2. Cyclops - V3 comes with blue AR (not great) but the V2 is so reflective you can't see the date.
  3. DW cut out on the dial - V3 is gen like, V2 is too small
  4. Rotating bezel - V3 has the right font size and comes with lume. V2 font is too large, unlumed
  5. Caseback - V3 close to the gen V2 pattern incorrect
  6. Strap - V3 gen like with the right rough texture, V2 is smooth (incorrect) and stiffer.
  7. Rubber on the crown better on V3

Overall the V3 is much better. Well worth the wait. A relumed V2 doesn't come close.

V3 is far superior to the V2. Here are a few differences:

1. Crystal - V3 comes with clear AR, V2 does not

2. Cyclops - V3 comes with blue AR (not great) but the V2 is so reflective you can't see the date.

3. DW cut out on the dial - V3 is gen like, V2 is too small

4. Rotating bezel - V3 has the right font size and comes with lume. V2 font is too large, unlumed

5. Caseback - V3 close to the gen V2 pattern incorrect

6. Strap - V3 gen like with the right rough texture, V2 is smooth (incorrect) and stiffer.

7. Rubber on the crown better on V3

Overall the V3 is much better. Well worth the wait. A relumed V2 doesn't come close.

Thank you Superposter.. that was exactly the info I was looking for :)

My Relumed V2....waiting for the V4? B)

drgranv2no2c.jpg

v2222.jpg

Thanks Doc. Just curious.. you heard anything about the V4 yet?

It all comes down to how anal you are about the flaws on the watch. v3 can be modded to look very much gen like but that will run over $800. Although the v3 is better and has less flaws, either of them compared side by side to gen will be called out so that's why I would go with a v2 which has been superlumed for a much lower price. Or wait for the v4...

I recently contacted a trusted dealer about obtaining a V3, here is his reply:

"The AP V3.. It is very badly flawed.. bad Hexagon holes on the bezel and bad lume application on the inner bezel.. I am not selling this unless it is sorted out by the maker... Also the maker lied about the watch being superlume.. It is never superlume..

There will be a much better one coming soon.... I suggest you wait for that .."

Any thoughts?

"The AP V3.. It is very badly flawed.. bad Hexagon holes on the bezel and bad lume application on the inner bezel.. I am not selling this unless it is sorted out by the maker... Also the maker lied about the watch being superlume.. It is never superlume..

Any thoughts?

I guess it was from Andrew or Josh :-)!?

There seems to be a bit of chatter lately about a Diver V4. I am not sure if these means the Noob V3 with a few tweaks, such as date window AR tinge (less blue) and more precise lume application which means this news would be coming from Angus and Toro, or is it a completely new watch from another factory, say Chanel, which means it might be suggested by Andrew/Josh?

My thoughts are that if it is a Noob V4, then Toro will know.

Has anyone heard anything reliable?

N.

Any thoughts?

Hmmm. This doesn't sound very accurate based on the V3 models I've seen. Which TD was this?

There seems to be a bit of chatter lately about a Diver V4. I am not sure if these means the Noob V3 with a few tweaks, such as date window AR tinge (less blue) and more precise lume application which means this news would be coming from Angus and Toro, or is it a completely new watch from another factory, say Chanel, which means it might be suggested by Andrew/Josh?

My thoughts are that if it is a Noob V4, then Toro will know.

Has anyone heard anything reliable?

N.

Yes there is a V4 from the H factory coming soon.

The Chanel factory made the V1.

The flaws listed are somewhat exaggeraged but they are accurate.

Further more, if the NF was realeasing an update to a watch that was just released, why in the world would he tell you and scare off V3 sales?

Hmmm. This doesn't sound very accurate based on the V3 models I've seen. Which TD was this?

It is accurate. Lume is sub par, blue AR tint cyclops, bezel screws are not as well finished, high beat movement etc.

The V4 is being acknowledged by Angus. Couldn't get a sense whether it is a Noob redo or a different factory.

It's almost surely an H factory product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Any thoughts?

Jesus, Josh and Andrew are shameless aren't they? What they meant to say is "I'm not selling this watch because the maker refuses to deal with me." All this talk about the V4's improvements seems a bit hasty to me, as the only source of these rumors is two dealers who don't have a ton of credibility when it comes to anything having to do with the Noob maker.

I'll be thrilled if the V4 really is an improvement, but the AR color and lume strength are the only thing I seem them being likely to succeed in improving, and there's myriad other elements of the watch that they could possibly get wrong on a first try.

• Like 2

Jesus, Josh and Andrew are shameless aren't they? What they meant to say is "I'm not selling this watch because the maker refuses to deal with me." All this talk about the V4's improvements seems a bit hasty to me, as the only source of these rumors is two dealers who don't have a ton of credibility when it comes to anything having to do with the Noob maker.

I'll be thrilled if the V4 really is an improvement, but the AR color and lume strength are the only thing I seem them being likely to succeed in improving, and there's myriad other elements of the watch that they could possibly get wrong on a first try.

A rep will always be a rep.. you may get reps which are closer to the gens for some models, and some disastrously far off. But I have to say that the reps are getting better in general with each new edition released. The AP diver has proved to be a very popular watch and I think its in the interest of the maker to get the details right for the watches that are more sales worthy.

If you are saying that the TDs are saying the AP diver V3 is bad because they cannot get their hands on it, I do not know enough to comment on that. However, I do not think its nice for a newbie to say such a thing on his very first post here. Relax man, we're all here to enjoy a common hobby. Maybe you do have access to certain information on this matter that we don't. But your post is gonna incite the supporters of the TDs mentioned, not mentioning the TDs themselves.

I'm by no means a noob, I just don't post on this forum all that much.

The point is that the factory making the so-called "V4 diver" has never made an AP rep before. It's not the same factor that has made the first three iterations of this rep. Josh and Andrew have a tendency to mislead customers about the relative quality of N factory watches because they don't have a working relationship with that factory, which is common knowledge. I can't say I blame them, as it's in their interest to do so, but it's not entirely honest behavior so I see no reason not to call them out on it if it's in the best interest of the community.

To that end, they haven't substantiated their rumors of this "much improved V4" since they started spreading them, so at this point it appears to be a less than credible attempt to dissuade people from buying the V3 diver from their competition (noob factory). If the "V4" really is that much better, wonderful. I might consider buying one even. I just think people should know the context of these rumors before they put too much stock in them.

I'm by no means a noob, I just don't post on this forum all that much.

The point is that the factory making the so-called "V4 diver" has never made an AP rep before. It's not the same factor that has made the first three iterations of this rep. Josh and Andrew have a tendency to mislead customers about the relative quality of N factory watches because they don't have a working relationship with that factory, which is common knowledge. I can't say I blame them, as it's in their interest to do so, but it's not entirely honest behavior so I see no reason not to call them out on it if it's in the best interest of the community.

To that end, they haven't substantiated their rumors of this "much improved V4" since they started spreading them, so at this point it appears to be a less than credible attempt to dissuade people from buying the V3 diver from their competition (noob factory). If the "V4" really is that much better, wonderful. I might consider buying one even. I just think people should know the context of these rumors before they put too much stock in them.

Hello

Yes I guessed as much, that you have your own experience in rep watches, just that you appear to be new on this forum. Also, now that you clarified yourself in a different tone, I would like to thank you for the information rendered, and also a little apology to you if i offended you in any way. It is always good to get new perspective on matters like this. I don't buy from Josh or Andrew, so I would not know their supposed tendencies. I did consider purchasing the V3 from puretime before, due to the fact that my regular dealer did not have it available. She managed to "get" a piece from me, and have told me that the quality would be good compared with the V2.

To be fair, I have probably less experience than you with regards to this watch, and I have nothing to add or take away from your argument. what I know is that visually, and from reviews posted by members who own the V3, it is a reasonable quality rep with minor flaws. I bought it after the research done. :)

Let's hope I am not wrong about it! lol

Jesus, Josh and Andrew are shameless aren't they? What they meant to say is "I'm not selling this watch because the maker refuses to deal with me."

Apparently this kind of tactic works. The funny part is being a rep there's always some sort of flaw they can claim similar issues. The V3 is orders of magnitude better than the V2 and I agree with you, the H factory has never produced an ROO and give the complexity of the case construction I'm not holding my breath for a good V4.

I'm quite happy with my v3. The Zigmeister can always get the lume correct and I may go to Uwe to redo the AR on the cyclops.

If it is a different factory (Noob or not) it will be interesting to see just how wrong they get it.

The rumored V4, if it ever materializes, is supposedly being made by the H Factory/Hublot V1 Maker. Certainly they make very good reps, but they're never done an AP before.

• Like 1