When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Might make an interesting project

woof*

I'm sure several of you have seen this one on eBay, but id only seen the black no gard sub he sells.

First thing I thought when I saw it was Jmb's recent Tudor :)

616a4193.jpg

It might make an easier start on the new Tudor Black bay :) For 120$ or so you'd get a lot of the parts to do it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Watch-Gilt-Dial-Big-Crown-Sub-Red-Bezel-Gold-Snow-Flake-Bracelet-ETA-Case-/190686591164?pt=Wristwatches&var=&hash=item2c65ce78bc

That is a 'Tiger' case, I believe the same as Rafflestime cases. I think it is a very good base case for the no crown-guard models. It needs a little 'massaging', bevel the top line on each side, and soften the bottom lines. The bezel is good for an older Submariner, but needs to beveled top and bottom for a 6542. (In these pics the top line on the bezel is not yet beveled)

RedCrownside.jpg471951.jpg6542.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

its 159$ with eta + 15$ shipping = 174$

joey, i was thinking of your watch, what do you think? can i make a nice copy of your watch with this as a base?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

its 159$ with eta + 15$ shipping = 174$

joey, i was thinking of your watch, what do you think? can i make a nice copy of your watch with this as a base?

I'm building one now, just waiting for the GMT hand.

I don't know! I build the 6542 and 6204 so I know I've always got the crown guards right! :whistling: