When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking For A Fiddy!

Uhrenfreund25

too many threads about this already. from my "research", there is no best one. you have to do some mods. and it also boils down to how much you want to spend. use the search first, visit trc and rwg too. if you have any specific question, you can PM me. I am no Fiddy expert but Ive ask that question months ago so Id gladly share the info I learned. :)

Not sure what EL is asking for his, but Josh has one for nearly $400, not sure what justifies the price though. It is much easier to find decent 217, Paul's is as good as any for great price. I guess Andrew is offering to fit the best movement which should come close to $400, hence his and Josh's 127 would probably rank as "best". Unless you know Japanese this is pretty much it.

too many threads about this already. from my "research", there is no best one. you have to do some mods. and it also boils down to how much you want to spend. use the search first, visit trc and rwg too. if you have any specific question, you can PM me. I am no Fiddy expert but Ive ask that question months ago so Id gladly share the info I learned. :)

Can't believe you still haven't bought one, mate ! :brow: ...after all the "research" you've done :D

cheers,

babola

Can't believe you still haven't bought one, mate ! :brow: ...after all the "research" you've done :D

cheers,

babola

hahaha! initial search by you. REsearch by me. :D Babola here has more info on this. Thanks to him I learned so much about the Fiddy.

BTW, I already have one undergoing some mods. Ill show it to you after all the work has been done. :)

plan on spending some cake for the "perfect fiddy" get the swiss swanneck from joshua, get the A/R sapphire crystal from davidsen, also get a cannon set and hands set from davidsen, get it relumed with superlume, then find a good strap! i've got close to 600 invested on mine now...... :black_eye:

Actually I just ordered a Fiddy from Davidsen, his latest greatest version and he swears up and down that it includes a swan neck. Go figure.

This now means that Davidsen by far has the best Fiddy in the business. I paid a pretty penny for it too, but it's totally worth it if it turns out to be as good as I think it will.

Actually I just ordered a Fiddy from Davidsen, his latest greatest version and he swears up and down that it includes a swan neck. Go figure.

This now means that Davidsen by far has the best Fiddy in the business. I paid a pretty penny for it too, but it's totally worth it if it turns out to be as good as I think it will.

Swan neck yes, but not the 'correct' E-series movement with ERAIPANERAIPAN engravings on the bridges. His Swiss 6497 swan-neck is the H-series one, too new for the Fiddy from 2002 to make it 'historically correct', but still heck of a good movement.

cheers,

babola

Swan neck yes, but not the 'correct' E-series movement with ERAIPANERAIPAN engravings on the bridges. His Swiss 6497 swan-neck is the H-series one, too new for the Fiddy from 2002 to make it 'historically correct', but still heck of a good movement.

cheers,

babola

Do you know if it would be possible to get a correct serious movement from Andrew and do a "drop in" to Davidsen's Fiddy?

Cheers,

Joshua

Do you know if it would be possible to get a correct serious movement from Andrew and do a "drop in" to Davidsen's Fiddy?

Cheers,

Joshua

You're on the money Josh,

a little secret has now been revealed :D:D

Joshua (perfect-clones), Andrew and River should all have these E series movements still available as spares...be warned prices vary greatly, so do some shopping around. Get one and send it to David for a drop-in one of his custom Fiddy jobbies (AR sapphire, pin fixed, relumed dial and hands), get a decent 26/26 vintage strap and you have a winner for well under $500.

cheers,

babola