When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

After movement serviced...etc

ajeh

Before the movement serviced, the time error was +2s, and now it is -17s.......WTF??

I asked the watchsmith to adjust time error around +1~+5, I believe he totally ignored it. Also Im not sure he actually did waterproof test or not.

This watch is just mess, I just feel like wasting money. I learned something here, NEVER pay service fee before the watch get serviced.

who did the work

people's favorite VAC!

I remember what he said to me "you have serviced asian movement not a swiss movement."

yes it was my fault, asked him to service asian movement :)

Same here. Asians run as good as Swiss after proper service and adjustment.

Same here. Asians run as good as Swiss after proper service and adjustment.

im really frustrated, Im not sure he actually did proper movement service and adjustment.

If he did proper adjustment, the time error should not be -17s.....

I just cant believe the full movement serviced watch has -17~-20s time error.

how do I actually know he did full movement service? he only gave me some pics of dismantled movement parts.

its just total wasted money.

Edited by ajeh

He probably did as you asked and adjusted it in face down position to 5 seconds of less. That unfortunately doesn't mean you'll get that accuracy in real life. That's why COSC is done in 5 positions over 15 days.with greatest variation of no more than 10 seconds. And also, you are expecting COSC timing out of a non-COSC timepiece.

You can test in face up or face down and get great results and then go to crown down get 30 second or more variations. When I regulate a watch I attempt to average out the variations and then put it on a winder or wear it for a few days. Then do another final regulation based on real life. Even then I wouldn't expect to get your standards on most movements. If I did it would just be lucky.

He probably did as you asked and adjusted it in face down position to 5 seconds of less. That unfortunately doesn't mean you'll get that accuracy in real life. That's why COSC is done in 5 positions over 15 days.with greatest

variation of no more than 10 seconds. And also,

you are expecting COSC timing out of a non-

COSC timepiece.

Yes probably I was expecting cosc timing out of asian movement because thats why I paid for the full movement service and regulation and adjustment!!

I have had a couple of A21J movements serviced and regulated. One of them came back accurate to about 10s per day, the other is outstanding - accurate to about 5s per week. However, in both cases, though, the watchsmith (different ones) gave me a health warning that it was at my own risk if they couldn't get any improvement or even broke it. I think these movements are wildly variable in quality. The good ones can be great, but there are some poorer ones out there that might be difficult to regulate or might easily break when they are disassembled.

I would ask Vac about sending it back. He's usually pretty easy to work with.

I didnt even try email him since I got this watch because I remember what he said to me " its not gen watch blah blah~ you want perfection blah blah blah, its not swiss movement blah~" I dont want to hear that again.....

I already paid over $70 for shipping, I dont want to spend single penny for this watch.

I was just going to sell my gen pam111, and wear rep watch but I think Im going to have to keep gen watch.

Thank you for your advises, guys!

I have had a similar issue with a Swiss 6497 and Asian.... It was the shipping that did it... It was easily resolved by a local watchsmith, he did one of them within 60 secs of opening it and it went on for for a few years without issue..

If you spent $70 on shipping I guess it went on a trek to get there and back...

I understand where you are coming from. You wanted the piece of mind that your movement is in top notch condition. Really sorry to hear things didn't work out like they should.

@ajeh: Just saw you're in Canada. Shoot The Zigmeister a PM. Maybe he can help you out locally. A great guy and a master watchmaker! They don't come better than him.

Ps: movements that are professionally serviced are best to be adjusted to +6~8 sec in dial up position so you will get +2 in normal day to day wear (if you adjust everything properly e.g. regulator studs, coils etc.)

I understand where you are coming from. You wanted the piece of mind that your movement is in top notch condition. Really sorry to hear things didn't work out like they should.

@ajeh: Just saw you're in Canada. Shoot The Zigmeister a PM. Maybe he can help you out locally. A great guy and a master watchmaker! They don't come better than him.

Ps: movements that are professionally serviced are best to be adjusted to +6~8 sec in dial up position so you will get +2 in normal day to day wear (if you adjust everything properly e.g. regulator studs, coils etc.)

Thanks for understanding. I read your post "to service or not to service?",It was great post, I enjoyed it. that was reason why I decided to do full movement service and adjustment.

I just want my watch in really good condition. I got -26s in dial up position today, -17s yesterday... interesting right? lol

I will try PM to The Zigmeister, Thanks!

Edited by ajeh